Wrestling Forum banner

Did WWE cross the line with Jerry Lawler tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 192 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 404 65.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 3.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

55K views 832 replies 336 participants last post by  Scrotey Loads 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

I'm speechless. I wanted the product to get edgier, but this? This is plain disrespectful, not entertaining, and a complete lack of sanity.

I can't help it but think this is a jab at Linda for losing somehow, so she can never run for senate again. Absolutely despising.

Does anyone actually think this is acceptable?

I wonder if they are going to continue with the "BA★" campaign after this nonsense.​

See less See more
1 1
#279 · (Edited)
I thought WWE's video package before the segment was far more tasteless, they actually replayed the audio of King gurgling and choking as he was having the heart attack along with the footage of him collapsing ringside, who honestly ever wanted to hear and see that again?

then they showed VIDEO FOOTAGE BACKSTAGE of people filming him being rushed around and having CPR performed.. who in the fuck thought it was a good idea to keep filming during what might've been the man's death?

Doesn't that imply Vince told them to keep filming in case he survived so they could potentially use it in an angle..which they're now doing? Beyond tasteless.. what CM Punk is doing is a work, what WWE did to exploit this situation is very real and raises serious questions about their sanity.

#280 · (Edited)
great promo and i was definitely entertained by it. and he was right when he blamed king. it was kind of mean though but hey it's entertainment and some of you oversensitive bitches shouldn't complain.

#286 ·
I wasn't offended by it. Lawler is OK now and they wouldn't have done it without his say so. (at least I think so)

However, I am against doing it because it blurs the line between reality & storylines in a disturbing way. For example, while I was grossly offended by the "Eddie is in hell" bit they did with Orton heading into Mania 22 (which to me was far more tasteless than this), my biggest problem with it was that it was so over the line, that some fans were honest to God speculating that Eddie's death was an elaborate work.

And there in lies my problem. If you go too far with something like this, not only do you run the risk of offending people, but to me, it kind of takes away from the seriousness & severity of what actually happened and reduces it to just being another wrestling storyline.

EDIT: I actually missed the footage they showed of Lawler having the Heart Attack and having CPR performed on him. Thank God I did. Why on Earth would the WWE show that? That is just morbid, ghoulish, and weird.

#298 ·
I was offended bout Orton said, that went way over the line. That Punk-Heyman stuff is BossMan-BigShow storyline BossMan said BIG SHOW YOU'RE A NASTY BASTARD & YOU'RE MOMMA SAID SO. He got major heat in 99 BossMan was great as Heel with funeral & his segments. Punk-Heyman did the same last night, that's why PG Era sucks now, storylines are crap etc. They need more edgier stuff like this & push them mid-carders 2 main-eventers. It is sick of what they did, Heel Jake was awesome in 91 feuding with Macho Man, brings King Cobra bits his arm & got over. It's major heat is what's really wrong in WWE, what u think TripleG?

#291 ·
There are no lines when it comes to wrestling,Or atleast thats how I like it best.I enjoyed that promo and I don't care what anybody says,It just makes Punk and Heyman look even more sick and vile which is perfect for them as heels.

#299 ·
I didn't think the segment was necessary, but I wasn't offended. People need to not take things like this seriously and realize they're just playing characters and they both agreed to it prior. Was it tasteless? A bit. But it's not like this is the only tasteless segment they've ever done...

#302 ·
People are getting way too sensitive over this. Heels are supposed to do whatever they can to generate heat, and this was the perfect opportunity. Lawler would have given the OK for this to happen, if he was offended by it he wouldn't have agreed to it. I didn't think the segment was particularly funny, but I'm not going to get on a moral high ground like so many people on here. There's been far more offensive segments over the years than that, like the Eddie/Orton one.

#305 ·
i disagree with it, because they do all that anti bullying, breast cancer, all that shite. its hypercritical to push that while doing this kind of shit. if this is ok, why not having characters who rape women, or make fun of cancer or some shit.

#307 ·
I thought it was more fucked up for them to have filmed the heart attack then punk making fun of it

#309 ·
This was great, and if you're angry with Punk/Heyman or the company, find it disgusting, or feel the need to defend the King, then you fell for it. Great work, great cheap heat. Takes a lot of skill to pull something like that off.

The 'beat you to death... twice' remark was gold.

Now let us not forget that Punk/Heyman weren't the only ones doing it; listen closely during Maddox's entrance when the ambulance arrives. Cole: "Looks like your ride is here, Jerry." rofl

If you're not laughing you're crying so it's good to see King and the rest of the crew taking it as lightly as possible.

#312 ·
#332 ·
Some people just don't get it. People are going on about political correctness, and edginess and all that. But to me that doesn't even factor into it. It's just poor taste, pure and simple. I don't really know how anyone could find that funny either. You must have pretty low standards of humour if you found that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.