Wrestling Forum banner

Did WWE cross the line with Jerry Lawler tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 192 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 404 65.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 3.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk & Heyman mocking King's heart attack

55K views 832 replies 336 participants last post by  Scrotey Loads 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

I'm speechless. I wanted the product to get edgier, but this? This is plain disrespectful, not entertaining, and a complete lack of sanity.

I can't help it but think this is a jab at Linda for losing somehow, so she can never run for senate again. Absolutely despising.

Does anyone actually think this is acceptable?

I wonder if they are going to continue with the "BA★" campaign after this nonsense.​

See less See more
1 1
#338 ·
Oh come on people, Punk is the bad guy heel, Lawler obviously agreed to it. That was good television because it was scripted and fictional. Sure that'd be offensive if Punk said that out of character.

You people need to make your minds up.... "waaah waaah the product is so stale and boring" *controversy happens* "waah waaaaah! that crossed the line!"

To the people that constantly complain about the PG era. I don't think it's a WWE show you're looking for, it's Cartoon Network.

#342 ·
Still failing to see how this can be classed as edgy when it didn't even get a reaction lol. Different doesn't necessarily mean edgy. Whole thing just screams desperate tbh and the best part about it all is that Punk didn't even need it. I doubt it's going to get him more heat. People would have reacted to it then and there and they didn't. By the time the main event came along he was back to splitting the crowd with Cena. But wait, DAT HEAT. Yeah right.

#343 ·
The only thing I have a problem with is Punk doing the X with his hands, trying way too hard to break kayfabe for the 16 people in the audience who might know what that signal means.

What I have more of a problem with is the fact they casually filmed what could have been the King's death backstage, as people have said, what the fuck were they planning on using that footage for? Who gave the go ahead to keep filming, or did someone just find the footage and be like "Well he's okay now, let's use it for a pity montage." That in itself would turn me off the product.

As for the CPR segment, stop crying, it's an angle on a television show. It's a dickhead character being a dickhead to another character, and sure this issue was laced with reality, but that's what intensifies it. That's the edge WWE has over other shows is that they can use real life issues like this for maximum effect. Or are you guys saying WWE is too reality based to ever use these kind of issues in their show and should stick to storyline free watered down television?

"cmpunk: jerry loler glad your back buddy but i still dislike u" mchael cole: "how can he say he dislike him?? after a heart attack this time punk has gone to far" jerry: "i cant belive him he rly hurt my feelings"

There's your rewritten segment guys where are my royalties

#347 ·
CM Punk: "I saved a mans life. #longliveheyman"

"You people are pigs. I saved a mans life tonight. This isn't something you joke about. PIGS. #learnCPR"

"Fact: @JohnCena is the doctor of thuganomics. I'm a real doctor, and I know CPR."

One fan commented, "Jesus, Paul Heyman really does hate Jerry Lawler." Heyman replied:

"Jesus already knew that!"

Another fan commented that Heyman and Lawler will never get along. Heyman replied:

"HE STARTED IT!"
Suck it.

#350 ·
No. How many people even discuss something like that never mind get squeamish about it? Necrophilia, abortion, things like that are taboo issues that get people talking and cause controversy. Mocking somebody for having a heart attack isn't even in the same discussion. The hell are you talking about lol?

#361 ·
CM Punk saying he didnt care Jerry was dead in those minutes crossed the line

CM Punk crossed the line in that promo saying he didnt care Jerry was clinically dead in those few minutes when CPR was being done. Thats just too harsh and I felt bad for Jerry. I cant believe WWE are using Jerry's heart attack on tv this is just as bad as when Michael Cole took the piss with Jerry's dead mother

#363 ·
For those still whining about this JBL has given us something to consider which will probably hold true once the ratings and SS buyrates come in.

Here's a man who knows thew difference between kayfabe and reality tweeting about it.

JBL: "For those whining about Dr Punk last night, I once gave Eddies mom a heart attack on Mothers Day-then set attendance record in LA! #heat"
I can't believe how PC "wrestling" fans have gotten. It really is ridiculous.

#365 · (Edited)
For those still whining about this JBL has given us something to consider which will probably hold true once the ratings and SS buyrates come in.

Here's a man who knows thew difference between kayfabe and reality tweeting about it.

JBL: "For those whining about Dr Punk last night, I once gave Eddies mom a heart attack on Mothers Day-then set attendance record in LA! #heat"
I can't believe how PC "wrestling" fans have gotten. It really is ridiculous.
Of course he's gonna agree with it, he works for the bastards.

#378 ·
Ok people this thread makes the iwc seem like casuals. The uniqueness of wrestling is the very thing that makes it appeal to us.

Typical dramas love to generate heat as well but they are limiting to the script. They can only use things that the writers produce to generate emotion from the audience.

Live sports events use media press conferences and real world stories to generate storylines within the game itself.

Wrestling is a cross between the two. If the audience sees it and knows about it even though it is a real life experience the wwe can use it to generate emotion within a storyline. It's fair game and most of the best moments stem from storylines based on reality. The summer of punk, Montreal screw job, and other events. I commend Jerry for understanding this concept better than apparently most people on this forum. The segment was amazing. The casual inside of me is screaming "I hope punk gets his ass kicked" and the smark inside me is calling him a genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.