Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Do You Still Miss WCW?

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
dave 1981
Getting over in the mid-card

dave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a pushdave 1981 is getting a push
Default Re: Do You Still Miss WCW?

Having grown up on Sting, The Four Horsemen, The Dangerous Alliance, Terry Funk, Lex Luger, Ricky Steamboat, Big Van Vader, The Great Muta, Cactus Jack, The Road Warriors, The Steiner Brothers, The Freebirds, The Midnight Express and Doom from the late 80's through to the early 90's i will always consider myself as more of an NWA/WCW fan than a WWE fan regardless of whether WCW is around or not. I really only began watching WWE regularly once The Road Warriors had joined WWE and The Ultimate Warrior had become WWE champion although i'd watched WWE back to WrestleMania 3 on videos bought for me by my family and played them on an old Betamax we had.

The whole era of WWE vs WCW and to an extent ECW was the absolute peak of the wrestling industry and people forget that Mexico and Japan were doing really well at the same time as well, to have been a hardcore fan in that era was truly a special thing and a true honour. The thing is that because of how piss poor WCW was from the very start of 1999 onwards i'm glad it isn't around because it would only have tarnished the great legacy the company had dating back to Georgia Championship Wrestling and hurt my memories from when i began watching. Despite it not showing in the ratings though TNA is putting out the best show and PPV's in the business today so i'll continue to hope that eventually the ratings will reflect their great work of recently and be a true alternative to WWE and provide some competition.