Wrestling Forum banner

What does Vince see in Ryback that he can't see in Mason Ryan

9K views 99 replies 80 participants last post by  ValentinezXifax 
#1 ·
Vince has been in need of building a new star for a while for a big push and for
Someone to rival Cm Punk. He has chosen Ryback but I'm abit confused to hy he didn't pick Mason Ryan. Ryan looks a lot better than Ryan and looks more like a star. Plus the fact he has history with CM Punk, there is unfinished business and something to built on.

See less See more
#4 ·
more muscle to rub oil on :vince

#16 ·
Ryback got himself over
:lmao

are you serious?!?!? Ryback got over on his OWN? Oh my...is this what the fans believe? Ryback was forcefully shoved down our throats. You want an example of a guy who got himself over? CM Punk, Mick Foley, Stone Cold, The Rock. But RYBACK isnt a guy who "got himself over"

#6 ·
#30 ·
Oh, really? Is that why he can't wrestle longer than 10 minutes (even in Hell In A Cell where people are conditioned to expect a long match) and needs John Cena to do his mic work for him? Yeah, he's fuckin' awesome. What a blue chipper.....

And LOL at the idea that he "got himself over". Mason Ryan was never even given a fair chance at getting over, too, he was dropped virtually immediately. I guarantee you that Mason Ryan was getting "pushed" for less time than it took Ryback to get over. I don't even recall him getting one PPV match beyond that multi man at Survivor Series.

Why was he not given the chance? Who knows. As goofy as it sounds, I think looking far, far too much like Batista hurt him.

#15 ·
I wouldn't say ryback has gotten himself over unless he cuts a promo himself on live tv. His booking and catchphrase got him over.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#25 · (Edited)
Ryback's american. Corn fed, built in the good ol' USA. What more do you need?

Adding more than that... I can't. Maybe because he eats alot?

#27 ·
Part of the reason Ryback is so over, is because creative gave him a catchphrase that hooks the audience. Just look at how lethargic some of the crowds have been, only when Daniel Bryan came out screaming yes all the time did they actually get excited, other than the usual heel/face pops. Whilst, yes Vince is pushing Ryback to the moon and back but the catchphrase actually gives the crowd something to do, something to invest it. It was the same when the Rock came back and all the "Fruity pebbles/Cena sucks" chants were going. Crowds love it if they can cheer something. And Ryback plays along perfectly with them, he even leads his own chants, bopping along to his music.

Give Mason Ryan a catchphrase, plus Vince;s pushes. He'll be as big as ryback. He just needs time invested in him.

#29 ·

#47 ·
Agreed. Ryback has things that Mason Ryan doesn't have. Plus at least Ryback is over.

Mason Ryan has the big monster look, but he lacks in talent. Even if Mason had catch phrases, he still wouldn't be able to get people behind him probably.

Besides, why are people all of a sudden liking Mason Ryan? Because he isn't getting a big push anymore like he was in the Nexus angle? I remember weeks after weeks of "Mason Ryan is just another Batista".

They may be pushing Ryback to the top in a short about of time that it seems too much, but i'd take Ryback over the likes of Mason Ryan, Khali, Hornswoggle, Ezekiel Jackson, etc. any day.

#34 ·
Ryback is alot better in the ring and doesnt talk welshenglish. Ryback has a better look in my opinion. Ryback looks more intense and not like he,s acting (something that mason ryan does)
Mason may look like a monster but the minute he starts walking down the ring he looks like he,s about to shit himself I dont know what it is but he just looks bland and fake.
The only thing better about mason in my opinion is the fact that he has history with punk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.