#1 ·
Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#1,579 ·
Re: Am I the only one who think undertaker doesn't wanna face cm punk?

I think it'd be more health and wanting to be at home with his wife and newborn more than not wanting to face Punk.

#1,588 ·
Re: Am I the only one who thinks Undertaker doesn't wanna face CM Punk?

It would completely devalue the streak to allow Punk to end it after so many more talented wrestlers have failed to do so. If Brock were willing to sign a long term contract, I would say let him end it. Other than that, leave it intact.

#1,589 ·

I think we might see Sheamus Vs. Taker in a respectful match fpalm

#1,590 ·

Taker scared that CM "STREAK-BREAKER" Punk is gonna demolish the biggest streak in WWE history? Seems legit.

#1,591 ·

The Streak isn't that great when you see that Undertaker never faced Hogan, Hart, Austin, Rock or Cena for the streak. All these guys were top dogs and never went toe to toe with Taker in Wrestlemania. Also the dream match between him and Sting and much talked about Lesnar/Taker, will probably never happen.

Personally I do not want to see Punk and Taker, it doesn't work for me, especially when they can hold a big money match of Lesnar/Taker. Punk needs to main event in WM and Punk/Cena/Rock should happen instead

#1,593 ·

I can´t see Punk being a threat right now. If Punk would have some successfull years from now he would be, but then Taker already for sure retired.

Jericho would be a great opponent if he was back full time.

Lesnar is a great threat against the streak because of his viciousness. Cena is the face of the company and one of the biggest names in the business of all time(marks don´t come with youst stupid shit that he´s not because he is either we like it or not). Rock is one of the goats.

Also remember that the streak wasn´t that relevant until HBK wm25.

#1,594 ·

The Streak isn't that great when you see that Undertaker never faced Hogan, Hart, Austin, Rock or Cena for the streak. All these guys were top dogs and never went toe to toe with Taker in Wrestlemania. Also the dream match between him and Sting and much talked about Lesnar/Taker, will probably never happen.
Undertaker never faced those guys at WM because when they were around the streak wasn’t a big selling point for WM yet. Back when Hogan was full time when Taker was there Undertaker was only 2-0 the streak didn’t mean jack shit then. Taker wasn’t really a big main eventer until 1997 after WM 13. The streak didn’t become a selling point for WM until WM 21 and by that time Austin was retired and Rock left for Hollywood. Im pretty sure if Austin didn’t retire and Rock stayed that they would have had their shot at the streak. Also Brock Lesnar probably could have faced Taker at WM but they faced eachother so many times in the fall of 2002 and 2003 so having them face eachother again at WM 19 or WM 20 people would be like this match again. And John Cena has even said it himself that he would like to face Undertaker at WM 30. The match is gonna happen it’s a big money match that both Taker, Cena, and Vince knows about. It will happen WM 30 bank on it

#1,595 ·

Undertaker never faced those guys at WM because when they were around the streak wasn’t a big selling point for WM yet. Back when Hogan was full time when Taker was there Undertaker was only 2-0 the streak didn’t mean jack shit then. Taker wasn’t really a big main eventer until 1997 after WM 13. The streak didn’t become a selling point for WM until WM 21 and by that time Austin was retired and Rock left for Hollywood. Im pretty sure if Austin didn’t retire and Rock stayed that they would have had their shot at the streak. Also Brock Lesnar probably could have faced Taker at WM but they faced eachother so many times in the fall of 2002 and 2003 so having them face eachother again at WM 19 or WM 20 people would be like this match again. And John Cena has even said it himself that he would like to face Undertaker at WM 30. The match is gonna happen it’s a big money match that both Taker, Cena, and Vince knows about. It will happen WM 30 bank on it
The streak was huge after Mania 18 when he was 10-0. So they had the chance to do a match against Austin or Hogan at 19, against Rock at 19, 20, 27 and 28, aginst Lesnar at 19 and 20 and against Cena from 22-28. Only Bret vs Taker was never possible to be streak match.

#1,596 ·
If Jericho stayed for the whole year, and built up a HUGE feud with Taker? Well, ir'd be interesting to see the ending to that. Would be one hell of a nice pat on the back to Jericho for all he's done, right?

As for Punk, I don't see that going over very well. People will have a HUGE issue with Punk taking it. Than again, most people will have an issue with anyone taking the streak. I don't know how they could build up a decent match in such short time either.

#1,598 ·
I believe Taker literally has one last match left in him. Cena is tied up with Rock. I think CM Punk shocks the entire world at Wrestlemania XXIX by ending the streak and that the WM 30 Double Main Event is Cena vs. Orton and Punk vs. Austin.

#1,601 ·

:faint:

When you think about it, streaks aren't really legendary until they end. In all of sports history, you can only really say Rocky Marciano went undefeated in his career. Everyone else lost. The Lakers lost the 34th game. Hersheisher gave up a run eventually. Cal Ripken sat out a game, and was given one hell of a send off in celebration. Douglas knocked out Tyson. The Miami Dolphins were only perfect for one season.

The streak HAS to end for there to be finality. A Punk win shocks the world, firmly establishes him as one of the greatest of all time, and probably pushes him away from a premature retirement. It's the equivalent of Jericho saying he beat Rock and Austin in the same night. Punk would always be "The Guy Who Ended The Streak", and the rub he gives to the next generation as they dethrone him will be what allows the streak to live forever.

I think it would be cool to see the guy who eventually ends the streak immediately go on a streak of their own (say 4 or 5 Wrestlemanias), making fans wonder if the streak is sort of like the evil being in "Fallen".
Streak ending is too mainstream.

Streak living forever is one and only. Taker is one and only, not mainstream.

Doubt that, Vince has left it up to Taker who wants to break it, so really he has no need to fear.
if it were up to Taker, The Streak would have ended to some nobody like Wade Barrett at WM 27.

Vince, HHH, and Steph still decide the final outcome.

The streak was huge after Mania 18 when he was 10-0. So they had the chance to do a match against Austin or Hogan at 19, against Rock at 19, 20, 27 and 28, aginst Lesnar at 19 and 20 and against Cena from 22-28. Only Bret vs Taker was never possible to be streak match.
Taker/Bret could have happened at WM 11.

If Jericho stayed for the whole year, and built up a HUGE feud with Taker? Well, ir'd be interesting to see the ending to that. Would be one hell of a nice pat on the back to Jericho for all he's done, right?

As for Punk, I don't see that going over very well. People will have a HUGE issue with Punk taking it. Than again, most people will have an issue with anyone taking the streak. I don't know how they could build up a decent match in such short time either.
Agree about Jericho vs Taker.

#1,599 ·
When you think about it, streaks aren't really legendary until they end. In all of sports history, you can only really say Rocky Marciano went undefeated in his career. Everyone else lost. The Lakers lost the 34th game. Hersheisher gave up a run eventually. Cal Ripken sat out a game, and was given one hell of a send off in celebration. Douglas knocked out Tyson. The Miami Dolphins were only perfect for one season.

The streak HAS to end for there to be finality. A Punk win shocks the world, firmly establishes him as one of the greatest of all time, and probably pushes him away from a premature retirement. It's the equivalent of Jericho saying he beat Rock and Austin in the same night. Punk would always be "The Guy Who Ended The Streak", and the rub he gives to the next generation as they dethrone him will be what allows the streak to live forever.

I think it would be cool to see the guy who eventually ends the streak immediately go on a streak of their own (say 4 or 5 Wrestlemanias), making fans wonder if the streak is sort of like the evil being in "Fallen".

#1,602 ·
Jericho would be a good opponent if HE HAD ANY CREDIBILITY WHATSOEVER GOING INTO THE MATCH, which he doesn't. Fuck, as much as I would love and adore a Taker-Jericho match at Wrestlemania, it REALLY should have happened last year with Triple H giving Punk his win back at Mania.

For some weird reason I think that Taker has three Mania matches left in him, which makes Punk more than likely the best choice for this year as one of the only four people I can see taking on Taker @ Mania.

vs Punk @ XXIX
vs Lesnar @ XXX
vs Cena @ XXXI

His last match should be against Cena. No doubt.

#1,603 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...date_on_The_Undertaker_s_Health_and_More.html

- There is still no official word on The Undertaker's status for WrestleMania 29. Right now the plan is Taker vs. CM punk until he says he's not doing the show. There is no commitment right now that he will do the show. Friends of his are hoping that he won't wrestle this year as his hip and shoulder are giving him problems.

No word yet on what CM Punk may do if Taker doesn't wrestle but speculation is a singles match with Ryback, which would change his plans, or a spot in the John Cena vs. The Rock WWE Title match.

Source: F4Wonline.com

#1,607 ·
once again another BS report I feel. One reports about money, the other report is about him feeling left out, this report about his friends not wanting him to do it. Fuck all these reports I still believe he will be there

#1,604 ·
You know if he misses this year WM, and comes back next year for an awesome retirement match at WM30, then I'm ok with this :D

#1,605 ·
Jericho-Taker is a legend.Jericho is a Midcarder

Punk-No way a credible threat.If he had the title,it would have been better

Lesnar-Taker vs Lesnar would be great with Taker potrayed as the underdog for the first time in his legendary career.The only problem is Lesnar is too physical and I am not sure if Taker can take that kind of punishment to his body

Rock-No thanks.Rock and Taker's styles don't mesh well

John Cena-This is the match that I would love to see

Undertaker vs John Cena/Lesnar-The only matches I would want to see

#1,608 · (Edited)
Jericho-Taker is a legend.Jericho is a Midcarder

Punk-No way a credible threat.If he had the title,it would have been better

Lesnar-Taker vs Lesnar would be great with Taker potrayed as the underdog for the first time in his legendary career.The only problem is Lesnar is too physical and I am not sure if Taker can take that kind of punishment to his body

Rock-No thanks.Rock and Taker's styles don't mesh well

John Cena-This is the match that I would love to see

Undertaker vs John Cena/Lesnar-The only matches I would want to see
Taker took more than 30 chair shots to the back last year against Triple H in the most brutal WWE match in the last 5 years. Not to mention steel steps and hard spots all over the match. He'll be walking out of a match with Brock just fine.

and considering Taker vs Rock at King of The Ring 1999 is very very good, saying Taker and Rock's style don't mesh well is an insult.

at this point taking a year off and ending his career at WM 30 would be good.
Miss WM 29 and miss tying Bret's record of having 13 WM matches in a row? What a shame.

#1,614 ·
I may get heat but ive been told Taker might not appear at this Mania cuz he wants more money and is unhappy he gets less than Rocky and Brock. Ive goggled this and there seems to be truth to this however how much is yet to be determined

#1,620 ·
no your right dude i posted the article a few pages back. He wants to be paid the same as rock and brock. He also feels on the outs at this years wm. He wants his match to be one of the top 2 matches like his matches have been doing since WM 23. I truly believe he wants to face Brock at WM 29 not punk. He knows him vs Brock would be one of the top 2 matches and not him vs Punk. I say Vince and HHH better give Taker what he wants

#1,616 ·
Not buying these dirtsheet rumors, especially the Punk-Ryback one.

THAT WOULDN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE.

#1,617 ·
Punk and Ryback didn't really had an ending to their feud, seeing that Punk was injured and Ryback was feuding with Shield

#1,623 ·
If there were a new huge star waiting in the wings, someone who could really benefit from being the man who broke The Streak, I would say that they should end The Streak and give that guy the rub of a lifetime. However, seeing as there really doesn't seem to be anyone worthy enough to do so, and since Taker is getting close to being done once and for all, I say WWE should just let The Undertaker retire with The Streak intact. Either 21-0 or 22-0.

As much as I, personally, would like Taker/Punk, Taker/Lesnar seems that it would be the way to go. I'm not a Lesnar/HHH II hater, but there's no way that match can be bigger than Lesnar challenging The Streak. Hold off and do Lesnar/HHH II another time. Let Taker face Lesnar while he's still hot.

#1,624 ·
Bo Dallas will end the Streak this year, after he wins the IC Title :lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.