Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #7044 (permalink)
Concrete
Working on a novel about about nothing

Concrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missedConcrete probably won't be missed
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
AIW - Absolution VII

No Rope Barbed Wire

John Thorne vs. Rickey Shane Page - **

Drake Younger vs. Ethan Page vs. Davey Vega vs. Arik Cannon vs. Facade vs. Eddie Kingston - ***1/4

Bare Knuckle Brawl - Special Guest Referee: Archibald Peck
Colin Delaney vs. Marion Fontaine - N/R

AIW Tag Team Titles
Matt Cross & Josh Prohibition vs. Aeroform (Flip Kendrick & Louis Lyndon) vs. The Batiri (Obariyon & Kodama) - ***1/4

Texas Bullrope Match
Jock Samson vs. The Duke - **

Adam Cole vs. ACH - ***1/4

Intense Division Title
Bobby Beverly vs. BJ Whitmer - **1/2

Irish Airborne (Jake & Dave Crist) vs. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark) - **1/4

Absolute Title - Elimination Rules
Eric Ryan vs. Tim Donst vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Zema Ion - ***1/2

For their biggest show of the year Absolution VII was a bit of a disappointment until the main event. Cole & ACH have a much better match in them, most of the other matches were just there at best besides the six-man & tag title match and IA/Briscoes called back to their earlier encounters and not in a good way. Main event delivered and at least for the end of this show the aftermatch big angle was interesting.
I was expecting a lot from this show. It is AIW's biggest show of the year. You are pretty spot on though I did like the Intense title match and Briscoes match a little more. I couldn't really say there was anything good about either hardcore match and I saw some reviews that praised them. I don't know what I was missing but Thorne sucked that barbed wire match out of any value it could of had. I thought Jock and Duke did a little better than them just cause they managed a cool spot but that's about it. And that main event and the subsequent angle were the only things that seemed to stand out here. And I usually like AIW shows.