Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #7044 (permalink)
Concrete
Working on a novel about about nothing

Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000Concrete 2501 - 3000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
AIW - Absolution VII

No Rope Barbed Wire

John Thorne vs. Rickey Shane Page - **

Drake Younger vs. Ethan Page vs. Davey Vega vs. Arik Cannon vs. Facade vs. Eddie Kingston - ***1/4

Bare Knuckle Brawl - Special Guest Referee: Archibald Peck
Colin Delaney vs. Marion Fontaine - N/R

AIW Tag Team Titles
Matt Cross & Josh Prohibition vs. Aeroform (Flip Kendrick & Louis Lyndon) vs. The Batiri (Obariyon & Kodama) - ***1/4

Texas Bullrope Match
Jock Samson vs. The Duke - **

Adam Cole vs. ACH - ***1/4

Intense Division Title
Bobby Beverly vs. BJ Whitmer - **1/2

Irish Airborne (Jake & Dave Crist) vs. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark) - **1/4

Absolute Title - Elimination Rules
Eric Ryan vs. Tim Donst vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Zema Ion - ***1/2

For their biggest show of the year Absolution VII was a bit of a disappointment until the main event. Cole & ACH have a much better match in them, most of the other matches were just there at best besides the six-man & tag title match and IA/Briscoes called back to their earlier encounters and not in a good way. Main event delivered and at least for the end of this show the aftermatch big angle was interesting.
I was expecting a lot from this show. It is AIW's biggest show of the year. You are pretty spot on though I did like the Intense title match and Briscoes match a little more. I couldn't really say there was anything good about either hardcore match and I saw some reviews that praised them. I don't know what I was missing but Thorne sucked that barbed wire match out of any value it could of had. I thought Jock and Duke did a little better than them just cause they managed a cool spot but that's about it. And that main event and the subsequent angle were the only things that seemed to stand out here. And I usually like AIW shows.