Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#5,652 ·
Way too early remaining playoff predictions: (weekly post)
Texans win
Colts win
Vikings win
Seahawks win

Patriots beat Texans
Broncos beat Colts
Vikings beat Falcons
Niners beat Seahawks

Patriots beat Broncos
Niners beat Vikings

Super Bowl Champion: SAN FRANCISCO FORTY NINERS

Until next week.

#5,656 ·
DENVER is the legit pick. Manning plus a solid defense is scary horrific shit.

It'll be interesting if it's Denver/Seattle as a lot of here wanted Manning in Seattle paired with their savage headhunters. Oh shit they'd probably have HFA if they had signed Manning. What could have been...

#5,657 ·
REDSKINS --> RGIII in the playoffs :mark:

Predictions:

Texans over Bengals - currently crumbling or not, I think Texans can pull it together to take out the really solid Bengals
Ravens over Colts - personal bias. LUCK could really give Ravens tons of trouble. Kid is a WILD CARD and Ravens consistency hasn't been there all season.
Vikings over Packers - One man: Adrian Peterson. He did it for them today. I think he'll do it for them come next week. Packers D is hurting and he's the LAST guy you want running over a defense that isn't 100%. Packers having home field advantage throws a wrench in my prediction. Eh, I'll live dangerously.
Seahawks over Redskins - Damn I'm VERY torn on this. I guess it comes down to how the last few weeks have gone. Seahawks have looked incredibly dominate. 'Skins have been on a hot streak themselves, RGIII is great, but being home or not, I see the Seahawks momentum continuing on in the post-season.

#5,663 ·
I predict that the Bengals pull an upset and beat the Texans.

#5,668 ·
My picks for next week:

In the NFC, I am going to go with The Packers to beat The Vikings. I know that sounds silly considering Peterson (Season MVP IMO) ran all over them this week, but I think things will be different in Lambeau, and if the weather becomes a factor, then the Pack will definitely have an advantage. And beating the Packers twice in a row? That is tough to do.

And I will say this. If the Skins were playing Seattle in Seattle, I'd probably pick the Seahawks. However, the Seahawks on the road against RGIII & Alfred Morris and a team on a 7 game winning streak? That is going to be tough to beat. I'll pick the Skins by virtue of home field advantage. No 12th man to worry about.

In the AFC, I am still going to pick the Texans to beat the Bengals. Yeah, they've looked pedestrian the last few games, but I chalk up the Colts game to high emotion due to the return of their coach to the sidelines. I think the Texans are going to click a little better in their first playoff game (I hope so. I'd be nice if they won one).

And due to their high momentum, I am going to pick the Colts over the Ravens. The Ravens started strong, but minus their win over the Giants, they have looked pretty ordinary for at least a month and a half (and the Giants game I believe has more to do with the Giants just sucking). Luck just seems to have everything going right at the moment and the Colts seem like a more finely tuned and in sync team.

#5,669 · (Edited)
I know it's sill considering Peterson ran all over them this week...

Peterson ran all over them ALL SEASON, almost 20% of his seasons yards game against GB, 2 200 yard games, he's going to have a third. He had more yards vs GB in GB(210) than this week(199). Vikings are also a better bad weather team than GB, they can run the ball ALL DAY, GB cannot, and GB cannot block for shit.

#5,675 ·
AFC Championship game should be Denver vs Patriots. And even though it seems like a lot of you think NE should win easy or something, I will remind you that Brady owns a losing record in Denver (at like 3-6 or something like that). Yeah they beat Denver twice last year, one being in Denver (come on freaking Tebow was the QB) and once this year before Denver was firing on all cylinders. We have a top 5 offense and top 5 defense. Don't get me wrong, NE can win with that offense, but it isn't a given at all. Denver is just as good as the Patriots and if it weren't for Willis freaking McGahee dropping a wide open 4th down pass and fumbling in the red zone we could have potentially won.

#5,678 · (Edited)
From a Patriots fan to a Broncos fan, I have two things to say:

1) That was a touchback, dammit! Ben Watson made the play of the year on Champ Bailey, ball knocked loose past the goal line out of bounds, that's a touchback. Would have shifted the momentum, and Jeff Triplette nullified it. Seven years and I still haven't gotten over that. The Pats weren't that good that year anyway, but still. :p

Edit -

2) The prospect of the Pats having to go through Denver to get to the Super Bowl terrifies me. Don't get me wrong, I love the Pats' chances against anybody (maybe not the Giants, but don't have to worry about them for another year). But Mile High has historically been the Patriots' kryptonite, and Peyton Manning is as dangerous as they come. Even in the Pats' win against them, I was worried when the Broncos started rallying toward the end of the game. Oh, and the Pats going into "Peyton's Place" for the AFCCG makes me uneasy. See: Peyton's Revenge

#5,677 ·
I don't think it should be. Broncos vs Pats do have a good chance at occurring being the best overall teams from the AFC + home field advantage. I'd mark for Ravens making it to the Super Bowl. Any of the other teams in contention all sound good to me too. Something fresh such as the ultimate sleeper like Bengals vs Seahawks would OWN purely due to the new aspect of it.

#5,679 ·
Ahh still on that post game high! Honestly, I was way more nervous about Dallas than I am about the Hawks.. They're biggest strength is their run offense but we got a very solid run defense.. Not to mention our explosive offense and the fact that they're traveling from the other side of the country... No 12th man for them means no victory.

We want Seattle!!

#5,680 ·
Glad the Niners are the second seed. They could use the rest as they got a lot of injured players lately. Every year, there's always a #1 seed that fails hard in the Playoffs and I think that can happen to Atlanta. If they do, I would love to see us host the NFC Title game again. This time, with a win and with more fair weather. The Playoffs should be exciting.

#5,682 ·
“Just before we start, I’m not going to talk anything about coaches and coaching, and I’m not going to talk about, obviously, I’m not going to talk about personnel,” Jones said following the Cowboys’ loss to the Redskins. “We’ll talk about the game. I would say they were the better team. They played like it. They played well enough to win, and they deserved what they’re getting. My hat’s off to them – the entire organization.

“They’ve done something pretty phenomenal to come back like they have, considering how they started. I give them all that they deserve, the Washington Redskins.”
Garrett is gone 100%.

Romo is gone 75%.

Dallas will go after Alex Smith as a stop gap and we'll throw darts at future QB via draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.