Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Analyze This: Advent of Supernatural/Dark gimmicks
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 AM
jonoaries
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Analyze This: Advent of Supernatural/Dark gimmicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealstranger View Post
Quite true that Taker would easily top any poll for supernatural character easily but for old timers and newbies with respect to Attitude Era who did not catch or cherish Ministry, other gimmicks may come up and for even AE guys, Mankind and Kane are as perfect foil for Taker in this regards. Voice in the head Orton was also a bit dark and psychotic as was Mordecai. It did not disappear all of a sudden but did not flourish as it did back then.
I was a Gangrel mark during the AE too. The music, the look, the bloodbaths, everything just worked. I think they should have done more with him. I feel like they sort of dropped the ball on the whole Brood idea.

Mankind is also a great gimmick. Its a character that was confusing, you didn't understand his motivations, he's ugly. apparently some type of hunchback, with one ear playing with rats, it was amazing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome