Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #2375 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Rock316AE
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Official The Rock WWE Championship Discussion

When Rock announced that he's going to be at WM next year in the New York Market, I expected a record breaking business, but a $10 million gate on the first weekend? That's surprising. If that figure is real, WM29 is going to break every live event record in wrestling and MMA history. Only boxing PPVs did better at the gates and that's never going to change because of the insane ticket prices for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fights. MMA's biggest live gate was last year in the SkyDome with a $12 million for the GSP fight. If they want any chance to break the buyrate record of last year when the interest in wrestling is probably at an all-time low from the general public, as Clique suggested, Rock/Brock with Mayweather as the special enforcer is the perfect match, a once in a lifetime opportunity and maybe even the last chance to create a real world buzz about anything wrestling-related. You take the 3 biggest drawing attractions of all time from their sport/industry worldwide and put it in one huge program in the NY market, that's a blockbuster(Tyson was bigger than Floyd IMO, it was a huge deal when Tyson was on PPV but Floyd shattered every record even if he has the higher availability advantage). If they have all these guys available on the same night and they're not doing it? That's sabotaging the company on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY57 View Post
WEMBLEY STADIUM. Me & #Fast6 director Justin Lin. Tonight we make history. Yup.. #RockJumpsOffWembley

he is back in London filming Fast 6. Pfft wonder if he will do the people's elbow from up there
That's explains why he flies to London and back like he's driving to the grocery or something lol. Probably the final touches for Fast 6.

WM29 can be something special, all they need to do is to put the characters in the right place. Let's see if they're at least capable of doing it today.

Last edited by Rock316AE; 11-11-2012 at 03:22 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome