Top 5 streak matches imo -

1. Taker/HBK Wm 25
2. Taker/HHH Wm 27
3. Taker/HHH Wm 28
4. Taker/HBK Wm 26
5. Taker/Orton Wm 21.

#1,535 ·
This could be a good move.

Not turn up this year, especially with his new baby etc, watch the fail that will be this WM and then next year come back for a final bow out against Cena in the main event.

#1,536 ·
I agree.

Build up would be better in my view. Sure, we could miss out potential great matches like Undertaker/Punk or Undertaker/Brock but we've seen them before and it's not like either men would beat him. Let him have another year off, it looks like we're going to get a big Cena 2013, which would be ideal going into 2014 so Taker can stop him in his tracks in what will be Takers last ever Wrestlemania match and bowing out in style with a win over the face of the company.

#1,537 ·
No taker this year measns me no buy wrestlemania

#1,539 ·
Would anyone be opposed to Taker vs Rock for the WWE title? These two have never fought at WM, and Taker retiring with the Title would be a reason to debut a new one. That leaves Cena to then respect the Undertaker's wishes, and allow for the match to take place. This then forces Cena to now go after the WHC since he did win the Royal Rumble.

#1,541 ·
http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...-Less-Than-Fifty-Percent-For-WrestleMania-29/

A source close to the backstage situation regarding The Undertaker's involvement for WrestleMania 29 has told sescoops.com that The Phenom is "less than 50 percent for WrestleMania" which has left the creative team unable to present a "grid" (long term story plan) to seniors in WWE such as Vince McMahon and Triple H.

As of this report 'Taker is not medically cleared to wrestle with one member of the creative team telling saying “this is going down to the wire, and members of the team actually joke that we’ll find out on the Internet about Taker before we’re told definitively here!”
Im just beyond confused right now on whats going on here

#1,546 ·
Theres an artilce on wrestling news world .com that says that Takers health is not whats holding him back thats its his spot on the card and the pay he wants. It said that Taker only has a few more big matches left in him and he doesnt want to waste one of his matches on a card where his match will be 3rd at best. He wants his match to be one of the top 2 matches at WM like his matches have been since WM 23. I think what hes getting at is that he wants to face Brock Lesnar at WM 29 not CM PUNK. He knows if he faces Brock that it will be one of the top 2 matches at WM. HHH and Vince better just agree and give Taker what he wants if not your WM buyrate might go down if Taker is not there.

#1,560 ·
I have been thinking the same thing. Think about it. If Cena wins and the delusional, smarky, New York crowd boos him, what better way to end the show then to have Taker show up at the end, tombstoning Cena, and the crowd going into a frenzy. Taker could even tombstone Cena and then point to the Wrestlemania sign as the show closes. This is when you start the LONG, LONG, LONG buildup to Cena's turn at Mania 30.

Taker returning and sending a message to Cena would be just as good as beating some other wrestler in the 4th match of the show. Cena should either be the last victim, or the one who actually ends the streak. I will even make a statement right now, that others are going to hate: NO OTHER STREAK MATCH WILL BE BIGGER THAN TAKER'S MATCH AGAINST CENA. WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW... THE STREAK ENDS WITH CENA.

I know some will say he is the last that could use the rub. But he is also the only guy I trust with such an accolade. Not only that, but if he turns heel, Taker would help start the beginning of the biggest angle/turn/era in years. I have no doubt that Mark Calloway (sorry) has no problem doing that for the WWE and Cena. I am sure he respects Cena enough.

#1,554 ·
http://www....................com/undertakerwrestlemania-29-issues-over-money-not-health/

A lot has been written about The Undertaker working/not working Wrestlemania 29 this year. We wrote a significant update here, detailing the issues are over money and not over Undertaker’s health.
Reports stating that Undertaker working the show is contingent on his health are only telling part of the story. Undertaker is banged up but would be willing to work for the right amount of money. From what we’re told Undertaker understands he only has a couple of big matches left and doesn’t want to get “third from top money,” behind The Rock and Brock Lesnar.
this was the article I was talking about

#1,562 ·
Am I the only one who thinks Undertaker doesn't wanna face CM Punk?

I honestly am,starting to think taker doesn't wanna face punk because punk isn't a big enough name to go against the streak.

Anyone else think this?

#1,564 ·
Re: Am I the only one who think undertaker doesn't wanna face cm punk?

Wasn't there a rumor about this very thing not to long ago? I remember reading about it. That Undertaker was hesitant to face Punk because he didn't think it would be a big enough match.

That being said, dirtsheets gotta dirtsheet...so who the hell knows.

#1,566 ·
Wasn't there a rumor about this very thing not to long ago? I remember reading about it. That Undertaker was hesitant to face Punk because he didn't think it would be a big enough match.

That being said dirtsheets gotta dirtsheet...so who the hell knows.

I'm not sure, I heard it was just a small rumor. But I wouldn't doubt it due to undertakers last 4 WM opponent being huge names

#1,570 ·

Punk is the only person that makes sense unless they do a triple threat with Rock and Cena for the title. Next year it has to be Cena vs Undertaker and that will probably be it.

#1,571 ·

I read that Undertaker actually suggested Punk as his opponent .

#1,572 ·

I read that Undertaker actually suggested Punk as his opponent .
Not just that but for Punk to end the Streak so he could finally retire.

Like others have stated though, it's all dirtsheets so who really knows?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.