Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Oh, God. I might have to cook Thanksgiving.

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
BruiserKC
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

BruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new hereBruiserKC better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Oh, God. I might have to cook Thanksgiving.

Years ago, my wife and I got roped into hosting Thanksgiving every year because of how big our house is compared to our other family members' domiciles. She was very reluctant and pissed off about it.

So, I took it upon myself to inform everyone that we would do the main dish (turkey and usually pheasant or goose, depending on what I can bag while hunting) and the mashed potatoes and stuffing. Anything else was up to someone else to bring. Green bean casserole, macaroni salad, dinner rolls, 500 desserts...if it wasn't on the table that day it was because someone didn't bring it. It's worked out, we have a good amount of food on the big day and then afterwards we have everyone bring home some leftover turkey and potatoes to go with whatever they brought.

Plus, you don't necessarily have to do turkey. Chicken works out pretty well, ditto with maybe duck or capon. When I was a kid, my mom sometimes actually volunteered to work Thanksgiving Day (she was a nurse) and get holiday $ for it. One Thanksgiving, my dad simply cooked steaks on the grill and we had steak, baked potato, salad, and garlic bread.

The original heel commentators
BruiserKC is offline   Reply With Quote