Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
TehBrain
Quiet Humanoids!

TehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friendsTehBrain needs to make some friends
Default Re: Biggest mistakes in the Attitude Era?

Quote:
Originally Posted by septurum View Post
Bret wouldn't have fit much longer in the Attitude Era. He was a wrestler first and foremost.
I hear that a lot but I don't think someone like Bret would have had as hard a time adjusting as people seem to think. I'm not quite sure what "he was a wrestler first and foremost" means really.. that he didn't do entertainment as much as he did focus on the in ring product? That's true, but I can think of others that were like that that fit pretty well during the attitude era. And either way I would bet Bret would have had a larger impact with the last few years of his career with Mcmahon than he did in wcw.

I just think WWF made a mistake in letting a guy they'd built up since the mid 80's to world champion status go in his prime.

---
On a side note a mistake made, not by WWF but by WCW that was pretty big imo was announcing on Nitro that Foley was going to win the WWF title. I switched to Raw immediately.

TehBrain is offline   Reply With Quote