Wrestling Forum banner

What if Jerry comes back on Raw and is on fire!?

6K views 59 replies 52 participants last post by  ESPNNYC1 
#1 ·
I know most of you won't believe it..but..I wouldn't mind for him to show up and own you so called smarks that shit on his commentary. Because to be honest, yes he has his days but there's still been situations where I've been impressed by The King's performance. Maybe with this new found appreciation for life he will come out with his best commentary yet. I for one have high hopes for King coming back, and we even got JBL staying on Smackdown. All we need is Booker back and for JR to close out the year.

I wouldn't even mind if they did a 15 minute package of Jerry's carrer like they do on Main Event. Would actually be something interesting worth watching and filling up time in a good way.

Welcome back Lawler

#15 ·
Re: What if Jerry comes back next week and is on fire!?

Comes back after a heart attack and then catches on fire first day back?

Unlucky cunt.
That sounds like something that they would do to JR.

#10 ·

Look, it's wonderful that Lawler has recovered so rapidly from such a scary incident. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and health and a long and glorious life.

But nothing changes the fact that his announcing has been brutal for years. This is the perfect opportunity for WWE to put Lawler out to pasture on Main Event or Smackdown or another show watched by literally dozens of people.

#11 ·
Look, it's wonderful that Lawler has recovered so rapidly from such a scary incident. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and health and a long and glorious life.

But nothing changes the fact that his announcing has been brutal for years. This is the perfect opportunity for WWE to put Lawler out to pasture on Main Event or Smackdown or another show watched by literally dozens of people.
This I could do. Put him on the 1 hour show instead of the 3 hour show = less talking. Keep JR/Cole/occasional JBL/King once in a while.

#16 ·

Good to see him well. For the good of his own health he should make that one-night appearance then step aside. For the last few years you can tell he's not really interested.

Reactions: N-Zone
#17 ·

Good to see him well. For the good of his own health he should make that one-night appearance then step aside. For the last few years you can tell he's not really interested.
Yeah, him and JR lost passion for the product.That's why their commentary is not as good as they used to be. Can't blame them though, the current product is garbage.

#18 ·

It would be great if:

King's music hits to start off RAW. He comes down to the ring and grabs a mic. He starts off about his recovery.. and then starts cutting into the crowd about how they forgot all about him once JR came back to fill his chair, and the cards and flowers stopped. He cuts into JR for being nothing more than a scab. Heel Lawler is back, with both JR and Cole.

#20 ·

It would be great if:

King's music hits to start off RAW. He comes down to the ring and grabs a mic. He starts off about his recovery.. and then starts cutting into the crowd about how they forgot all about him once JR came back to fill his chair, and the cards and flowers stopped. He cuts into JR for being nothing more than a scab. Heel Lawler is back, with both JR and Cole.
They ought to seriously do that. Heel Lawler is one of the greatest mic workers of all time.

#5 ·

I know most of you won't believe it..but..I wouldn't mind for him to show up and own you so called smarks that shit on his commentary. Because to be honest, yes he has his days but there's still been situations where I've been impressed by The King's performance. Maybe with this new found appreciation for life he will come out with his best commentary yet. I for one have high hopes for King coming back, and we even got JBL staying on Smackdown. All we need is Booker back and for JR to close out the year.

I wouldn't even mind if they did a 15 minute package of Jerry's carrer like they do on Main Event. Would actually be something interesting worth watching and filling up time in a good way.

Welcome back Lawler

#8 ·

OP, you're also a smark, so not sure why you're addressing everyone else like they belong to a seperate group. There's always shitheads in any group. I'm sure there's asshole Buddhist monks too, but it doesn't mean the rest are pricks too bro.

Anyway, if he comes back and does great. . .good. The show will be more bearable and worth watching. So I really hope that happens. I don't think there's many on here who "never want to hear Lawler again period". I'm sure they wouldn't mind hearing him if he's actually doing well at the job.

At the same time, if he sucks, you can't be upset if people state that they feel he sucks either. Most of us are glad he's healthy, but it doesn't erase how bad he's been on commentary before the incident.

#29 ·

I've noticed Cole is more of a face commentator when JBL's around. Maybe heel King is back.
They had to turn Cole face, there was no other choice. Even when someone was so widely hated as Cole, having to explain Lawler's heart attack and the legit sadness of everyone that night pretty much assured that they couldn't go back to heel Cole.

Heel Lawler would be great but let's not mention fire around Kane.

#22 ·

i don't think so. He's too old for the heel he used to be. Right now he's just a face commentator who acts like all the children in the audience.

#25 ·

I think it's amazing and interesting that he's still alive and is fine now and it's cool that they're bringing him back but I'm still a bit uncomfortable how they're making those cheesy and awkward promos about it.. I know that it's a big deal that he's coming back after having a heart attack a month or two ago, but It just seems a bit weird because that was a serious situation, and Cole even said it himself when they first announced it that night.

#31 ·
Writer: Imagine the shock if Jerry walks down the ramp completely on fire

Vince: DEM Ratingz!!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#32 ·

It's great that he's recovered so well and quickly. However that doesn't change that ever since Jerry turned face in commentary, he has been unbearable to listen to. Especially with Cole as a heel.

#34 ·

Can't see that happening op it sounds like you don't know
healthcare very well that position is stressful and could
have him back in the ER soon with Vinny yelling at folks
in their earphones all show long yep stress will do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.