Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Raven appreciation thread

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
L-DOPA
I'll never be lonesome again.

L-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a push
Default Raven appreciation thread

My favourite wrestling character of all time. His character as a depressed, sociopathic misanthrope was/is one of the darkest personas in wrestling history. Known mostly for his run in WCW as the leader of the flock but perhaps his greatest run was his 3 year feud with Tommy Dreamer in ECW as the outcast looking for revenge against his childhood friend and now enemy.

In my opinion he is one of the greatest storytellers in the history of pro wrestling and his in ring pyschology is matched by few (watch his match with benoit at souled out 1998 where they tell a whole story only using one chair) and of course is a fantastic promo guy. Extremely poetic and fluid as well as being able to evoke imagery and emotion that only few other men could. Many cite the Rock, Flair, Austin, Foley, Piper etc. as some of the greatest promo guys in wrestling history and rightly so. Most wrestling fans criminally look over Raven's genius as a promo cutter. A truly under-appreciated talent. In my opinion if WCW wasn't such a political mind field and they didn't drag out and water down the NWO angle like they did, Raven could have become a top heel for the company. And of course in his run as Raven in WWE, they never truly let him be the character that got him really over in ECW and WCW.

Here are some of my favourite promos of Raven and let me know your opinions on someone who I personally think was a phenomenal talent.

I'm a Laura Stevenson guy

Last edited by L-DOPA : 11-10-2012 at 09:59 AM.
L-DOPA is offline   Reply With Quote