Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - SPOILER *all five books* THREAD FOR Game of Thrones (TV series discussion)
View Single Post
post #2961 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Schultz
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: SPOILER *all five books* THREAD FOR Game of Thrones (TV series discussion)

My problem with Tywin is that before we are introduced to him and when he's not around he is presented as this larger than life, almost mythical character. Yet when we do meet him and get POV's close to him we find out he's just an ordinary man, with just as much flaws as anyone else. Don't get me wrong, he's very intelligent and an excellent character but he's nowhere near as intelligent as characters such as Tyrion, Littlefinger and Stannis. Even Robb, a 16 year old boy is a much better military commander than Tywin, but that's just in his blood.

I say Dayne could be Mance, due to a myriad of reasons. Dayne is mentioned far too much to not have some pivotal role, and we know too little of Mance's back-story. I don't believe Ned and Howland could have killed Dayne at the Tower of Joy, I eman Dayne is supposed to be one of the greatest swordsmen to ever live, and whilst Ned is a brilliant strategist and commander, he was never described as being overly special with a sword in one on one combat. Mance takes such a personal interest in Jon as well, there's bound to be some sort of connection there. Had Jon Connington not been revealed to us then I think that he would have made a good candidate to be Mance.

As for taming the Dragons, Tyrion would obviously be a good choice, as would Bran, but I think those are both too obvious. Marwyn the Maester may end up taming one of the dragons, I believe he possesses a knowledge of them that little others know of.

On the subject of Dragons I do believe that the Faceless Men are out to kill Dany's dragons. The Faceless Men were founded by the slaves of old Valyria, and they hated dragons. I do believe the Alchemist (JAQEN) has infiltrated the Citadel in an effort to find a way of killing a dragon.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome