Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Oh, God. I might have to cook Thanksgiving.

View Single Post

Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
truk83
Humbled

truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Oh, God. I might have to cook Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asenath View Post
So, in recent years, my family has just gone over to my sister's mother-in-law for Thanksgiving. While the food is good, the afternoon consists of my Dad not rolling his eyes while my sister's father-in-law talks about how important he is on the city's Board of Directors (he isn't. in 10 years, the only notable thing he's done is get censured for making ugly comments about the one Black lady on the Board). My mother and my sister's mother-in-law talk in backhanded compliments about each other's cooking, child-rearing, and church attendance. And I sit in an uncomfortable antique chair with a book, or wrangle my nieces.

We are not doing this in 2012, because my sister and her husband are getting divorced - making the current arrangement even more awkward than usual. So, I asked my mother what we were doing. She has never met a boxed dinner she could not ruin, my father (who does all the cooking) said he was too tired to do a big dinner, and my sister said that she was too stressed from getting divorced.

Thus. It falls to me. However, there is a problem. I, as a single, self-employed person with no roommates or children, am not at all qualified for cooking for more than one.

I may just tell them that I am protesting the oppression of indigenous people and we can order pizza. But probably not.

Do any of you have advice for cooking large meals for about 8 people?
Just order Chinese, they won't notice the difference.
truk83 is offline   Reply With Quote