Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #3429 (permalink)
Lariatoh!
Little Poppa Pump

Lariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friendsLariatoh! needs to make some friends
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Kintaro - Triple H being a part of the Million Dollar Corporation would be epic!!!!

Tiger Boy 979 - How about "Dominion"

Question for everyone... just going over some of the feedback we get for our shows and I've had a thought based on a few factors.

1. 1. It takes us a while to put these things together
2. The shows are usually all about setting up for a ppv and therefore the matches come secondary to the story, making them either filler, dirty finishes, very similar
3. Spend a lot of time writing all the filler instead of the big matches, bring out the writer and they discontinue their thread
4. Readers want more…

So, much like RoH’s original format, do I/we look at producing these super shows… one where each show provides big time matches each and every episode? So the Champion defends his title each other week perhaps? As this is all fiction I don’t know… Is that, what readers would prefer, instead of reading through constant shows of lead up until they get the pay off, which may or may not come due to writer burnout? Would readers want to read the big matches with big finishes each and every episode? Instead of what WWE/TNA etc. put out every week which promotes their ppv?

Like I said this is all coming from feedback… and I know a reply to this could be, well if you’re a good writer/booker you can do both and a good match needs a good build… which is very true, but what if writers on here don’t get past the second show, or the reader just doesn’t care because they get dusty finishes and they say, wow , you had so many dusty finishes in this show… but really the outcomes of these matches don’t matter when it all leads to the ppv matches…

Thoughts? Thinking outside of the box discussion? Let me know guys? I’m all about doing things in a new way…
Lariatoh! is offline   Reply With Quote