Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #1469 (permalink)
Combat Analyst
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority

Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000Combat Analyst 501 - 1000
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I tried to listen to Dreams & Nightmares but Meek just annoyed the fuck out of me through the first 4 or 5 tracks so I turned it off. That's when it first leaked and I haven't tried to finish it since lol.
It's a good album, A much deeper album than his previos works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
: Kendrick > Meek

Still have GKMC on repeat. I want to give D&N a chance, but Meek doesn't appeal to me at all so I'll probably just continue to be ignorant to it.

100 mill? What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
He just has that generic, ignorant rapper voice and vibe to him. Same with his flow and overall sound. Doubt his lyrics are anywhere near that level to justify that.
He's not generic, One of the few rappers today I can actually believe was out there in the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
He IS an ignorant rapper. That's his lane. It's not like Redman or Big Pun were philosophical, and they're two of the greatest ever.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
They were both incredibly lyrical, had great flows, and Redman has a great voice and delivery too.

I haven't listened to much Meek, but from what I heard he is average at best in all those categories....and his voice is grating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif-N-Wessun View Post
Depends what we're citing as average. He's head and shoulders better than certain other rappers.
Wouldn't call him average. He's an above average, decent artist. Good enough to say "Yeah this guy's dope"

Black Is Beautiful

Spoiler for DrIllmatic: