Wrestling Forum banner

Three-fourths of Americans obese or overweight by 2020, says alarming report

4K views 78 replies 48 participants last post by  Bestia 666 
#1 ·
http://www.naturalnews.com/030001_obese_Americans.html

According to a new study released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, three-fourths of Americans will be obese or overweight by 2020. That puts America in first place for the world competition to see which nation can create the most obese population.

#5 ·
So many gyms, yet so many fat people. Especailly in Houston. Getting sick and tired of seeing all these lovehandles in my periphreals. I'm not some gym rat but I know how to stay in shape. All these infomercials about P90x and Insanity! and no one uses it. Oh well, at least I know I won't be part of that 75%.

#6 ·
That's because on P90x and Insanity you actually have to work hard and sweat and not just casually pedal your legs on the recumbent bike while reading a magazine.

Even if they do work out with something harder, a lot of people still overeat which means it doesn't matter if they do the harder workouts they're still gonna get fat.

Look at fat wrestlers for evidence. A match in and of itself is a strenuous cardio and strength workout, but you still have fatties wrestling.

#8 ·

#10 · (Edited)
This is nothing different or suprising because most Americans are already over weight. We just have an overall lazy country, of course not all of us are fat and lazy. What we really need to do right now what we need to do is get everyone we know to stay active and get them to exercise 30 mins a day. I know it's easier said then done but all it takes is motivation. Hell at my heaviest I was 253 pounds and when I realized that I started walking 3 miles a day and its been 3 months and I'm back to being 180/190.

#13 ·
And it's not like it's hard to lose weight either, they are just being lazy as fuck. If people motivate themselves then they wouldn't be getting fat but as someone else said if you excercise and still eat like a slob don't expect to lose weight because it won't help. I cut out all the sugar and greesy shit out of my diet and it worked. I used to drink nothing but soda and and eat nothing but greese but once I started cutting it all out competely and excercising I lost a ton of weight. It also helps to do sit ups and crunches while you are doing this because the fat will still be there.

#15 ·
I eat quite a lot of junk food myself (Cheeseburgers, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Lasagna, etc) but I burn all the calories I consumed with a little workout or sometimes a football game, it's not that hard to do. So much laziness.

#17 ·
Fast food in USA is way too cheap. In Europe if you wanna at McDonalds you'll have to pay up. When it's almost the same price in the ACTUAL decent restaurant (with great salads, soups and other meals) and McD then people obviously choose normal food.

#18 ·
Re: Three-fourths of Americans big boned by 2020, says alarming report

I wonder why.

#24 ·
I don't get why there's such a big obesity problem in the U.S. It's not that hard to take 20 or 30 minutes out of your day to run.

Reactions: Snowman
#30 ·
i think one of the reasons why most americans are fat is because they have the label "we're living in a free country, we can be whoever we want to be.". fat people are encouraged to eat more and not change.

this is certainly i want fat people to get off tv-honey booboo and brodus clay. we need scott steiner to teach these fat people being fit means.

no offense to the fat people on this board

#37 · (Edited)
i think one of the reasons why most americans are fat is because they have the label "we're living in a free country, we can be whoever we want to be.". fat people are encouraged to eat more and not change.

So what you're saying is they are fat on purpose and they wanna be that way to show everyone they are "free"? WTF dude. Nobody is encouraging fatsos to eat more, that's why the media keeps mentioning these facts and that's why a shitload of organizations are trying to make things different.

I think the problem is the lack of culture (food culture) in the States. In Europe there are so many countries which have such great traditional meals, the food in Greece is awesome, the food in Italy is perfect and etc. In America it seems the only traditional meal is Hamburger and fries, cause everything else is imported (wasn't created there.).

It may sound a little sexist (or even more) but Women should spend more time in the kitchen. Back in the day when they did cook homemade meals people didn't tend to get that fat. Now our women are lazy, we are lazy and we'd rather buy some shitty piece of junkfood (who knows wtf is in it) instead of cooking at home.

Plus as I've mentioned before Fast Food shouldn't be that cheap in the USA. It's not like that in Europe. The situation is horrible because it's comfortable for people to buy cheap burgers (cause they are tasty and cheap yet very unhealthy.)

#34 ·
I'll admit, I am kinda overweight, this past January I weighed 295 pounds, and my doctor told me I need to lose weight or become a diabetic and since January, I now weight 225. My doctor told me that she was surprise that I did it as most people when told to exercise does not do it.

#43 ·
I try to be sympathetic to the whole overweight issue but I have a hard time understanding how it happens. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want in pretty much whatever quantity appeals to me and I've never been large (I'm a size 3-6, depending on brand label). I hear folks talk about genetic predispositions toward weight gain, and I suppose there's truth in that, but surely not everyone has the 'fat gene'? I see very overweight women in their 30s lumbering around town, walking as slowly and awkwardly as arthritic 70 year olds, seeking out elevators when there are perfectly usable stairs right next to them and I can't help thinking that, in the majority of cases, so much of the problem comes down to simply calories versus activity. Once a person neglects exercise long enough to reach a certain size, even simple things like walking to the store rather than driving become too difficult and there they go, off into obesity.

#45 ·
I try to be sympathetic to the whole overweight issue but I have a hard time understanding how it happens.
eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat. eat. eat. shit. see super model magazine. cry. decide to start a diet. see tasty food. eat.

#46 ·
^ In between all the eating, shitting, crying and magazine reading can't they find time for a trip to the gym? Or how about a walk to the store to by more magazines to cry over?

The most common excuse I hear is that folks have no time for exercise, so that's why they gain. Seems to me we all have tons of leisure time, even those with kids and busy jobs to balance. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what (and I'm talking modern culture, not American specifically), but I find many people don't consider physical activity 'leisure time'. It's treated like work. :no:

#47 ·
they got the internet.

they're just lazy. it's like when you woke up for school but you didn't want to go, then your mom said if you didn't go she will beat the living shit out of you with your dad's belt and cut your dick off...or it's just me?

Ok in all seriousness, I think they're socially accepted as being fat. I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.