Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #7649 (permalink)
Evil Peter
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
How is a man who only says feed me more believable in any sense of the word? imagine someone who hasn't watched wrestling before and seeing a jacked up grown man lifting his arms up and down shouting FEED ME MORE over and over again. They would think its ultra lame and stupid and only lends to more evidence as to why wrestling isn't cool anymore.

fresh? even though we saw the exact same character done a million times better 13 year ago?

And if WWE intends to have him as a maineventer in the future he will have to work over 15 min matches damn near every week, and if WWE don't even trust him to work 3 mins on TV and 10 mins on PPV, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS BEEN IN WWE DEVELOPMENTAL FOR 8 FUCKING YEARS! then what the hell can you do with him? what more help can he possibly need?

Sooner or later he'll be horribly exposed and WWE will give up on him. I guarantee it. Its happened before with dozens of big men, nothing leads me to believe Ryback will be an exception.
I have to agree here. Ryback looks like a little kid when he stands there repeating "feed me more" and flapping his arms. It starts getting more unbelievable when you notice that he actually never really says much else, regardless of who he interacts with, so he actually comes across as more retarded than Eugene (as someone said in the thread), but for some reason no one on the show ever points that out.

For that to be believable I think you have to find some real life analog to compare it to, and I have never seen anything remotely like that (save for kids playing and perhaps retarded people). Could you imagine Alistair Overeem going into the cage if JDS beats Velasquez and start flapping his arms and shout "feed me more"? When Rogan comes to interview him he just keeps repeating his phrase, or at best changes it to "feed me Dos Santos". He'd be the laughing stock of MMA. And before anyone says that wrestling characters don't work in real life, I'll remind people that Chael Sonnen is pretty much doing the CM Punk act and has talked himself into title matches in two weight classes.

As for it not being fresh to be a copy of Goldberg, I'd also say that the unstoppable monster isn't exactly an underused gimmick either. Big Show always does it as a heel, Mark Henry did a short but memorable thing with it a year ago, Tensai was brought in to do it, etc. But being booked to look unbeatable just isn't much of a character and it's not that impressive in a scripted sport.

I also agree that he looks really untalented in the ring, seeing how he's actually been in the business for a pretty long time and still don't look very good or is allowed to put on longer matches. As you say he will have to start wrestling the longer matches if he stays in the main event scene but how much room can there actually be to improve after 8 years? People were saying that he was being a sponge when he was taught by Punk at house shows but we still didn't get anything good at HIAC. Punk has had good matches with very varied kinds of opponents, but this was probably one of his worst main events in WWE.

So I certainly hope you're right and that they find someone with strong overall talent (that you can depend on for promos and long matches) to be pushed instead.