Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#3,978 ·
Rafa has disposed 3 top 10 opponents in straights since his return.

Poor match overall against Berdych who missed a chance in that 2nd set.

Djokovic will win this match, but hopefully Del Po makes it a good watch

#3,986 ·
Great to see that dark horse Del Potro come back last night. I'm glad I stayed up, it was a truly superb effort against a Novak who wasn't playing poorly. Huge win, whether he can do it in five sets again I don't know yet but I hope so. It's not the final I expected or preferred but I'm damn happy for both of them and can't wait to watch.

Del Po the streak breaker, maybe he should be facing Taker at Mania! 22-1 for Novak and then 20-1 for Taker. Book it!:D

#3,987 · (Edited)
Has anyone on here been following the Women's Indian wells? Tonight Maria is going to face Wozniacki in the finals.

Think Maria will win, straight sets victory for me.

As for the men's final, both players have been playing very well, both are on great form so this one is tough to predict but I think Del Potro will win the match and his second title of the year.

It will a close match for sure though, 3 sets with Del Potro winning.

#3,988 ·
I thought Del Potro had a chance of winning. I'm happy he did, the top of the mens game could do with another big name who's capable of winning. It was a really great win for him, and I think he has a good chance in the final too.

#3,989 ·
Nadal is all over Del Po today. 3-1 up. He can't slice because Nadal eats them for lunch, and the BH to FH exchanges will always favour Nadal. Doesn't seem to be hitting with as much power today too. Nadal looks solid, so unless Del Po raises his game he's losing this.

#3,993 ·
Del Po had his chance at 3-2 in the 2nd, but didn't take it. Congrats to Rafa.

Del Po fought, but once Nadal got the momentum, he didn't give it up.

It's good to see Rafa back at the top though. 4-0 against top 10 players since his return

#3,994 ·
Oh that sucks. Shame

Good effort from Del Potro though. He had a great week.

Nadal is doing very well, it's impressive after just coming back from an injury that lasted 7 months.

He is back at No.4 in the world too, and that's good to see.

#4,000 ·
Even if Ferrer does overtake Rafa after Miami(he probably will), with the way Rafa is playing atm, we can almost guarantee that he will regain that 4th ranking before RG. I don't think Ferrer will be able to hold that 4th rank till then.

Yeah I expect Rafa to win RG, would be surprised if he doesn't honestly.

I think Del Potro will overtake Ferrer this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't though. I'm sure he will overtake Berdych very soon, probably before RG.

#4,001 ·
Great Final. Almost forgot how great Nadal could be. Pounced all over Del Po once he let up a little after a few cheap points. Del Po's forehand is crazy good though.

French is Nadal's now if he's playing that well already on hard courts. He'll probably go ahead of Federer before the end of the season. Can't see Del Potro breaking the top 4 this year. I expect Federer to drop out sooner rather than later and then it'll probably be Del Potro to take that spot ahead of Ferrer and Berdych.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.