Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)
View Single Post
post #778 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Bubz
The trick is to stay alive...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

Watched a couple of movies tonight...

First one was Martha Marcy May Marlene. Great little psychological thriller about a girl who runs away from a cult and tries to start a new, normal life with her sister and brother-in-law. Olsen was genuinely brilliant in the lead role, with an amazing portrayal of fear and paranoia, thinking her former cult is out to get her, and trying to forget her past. She really makes you believe and feel anxious and paranoid with her. The end although it was abrupt was so great, and seriously scary.

So after that I wanted to watch another movie about a cult, so I watched Rosemary's Baby. Don't need to go into detail on this, but it's amazing. The dream sequence alone makes this a must watch film, but it's all great. Really haunting and creepy. the best thing about this is in the final scenes we don't see anything, but it's the sheer terror on Rosemary's face when she sees what's in the cradle that's terrifying. 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IT'S EYES?!' Jesus. We are only given a slight hint at what's happened, and those eyes are horrible, and something that legit freaked me out and will stay with me for ages. I'm still convinced this is the best pure horror film ever made.

Last edited by Bubz; 11-07-2012 at 09:12 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome