Wrestling Forum banner

Swagger and Sgt.Slaughter?

753 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  septurum 
#1 ·
I think he needs to work on stop reminding people of Kurt Angle. He needs to go back to normal wrestling trunks. Stop using the "Ankle Lock" even though Angle didn't invent it, the move reminds many of Kurt Angle. His American theme is about the only thing they can keep. Swagger needs to go with the "Marine" look. Sgt.Slaughter should be his drill Sgt. All Slaughter would do is yell the most ignorant, and rude shit he could think of all the while breaking "kayfabe". Slaughter would be yelling out how Swagger was the most awful WHC of all time. Basically yell out all the things people complain about him the most.

Jack would just take it, and respond with "Yes Sir", or whatever Slaughter wants him to respond with. When I say yell at Swagger I mean yell, and I mean 24/7. Jack won't even be able to cut promos, or do interviews when someone like Matthews comes up to him for some words. During his matches all you hear is Slaughter the whole time carrying with him a megaphone as well. I would have him blowing the whistle the whole time also to help add to the character. However, the point is to not have Swagger lose a match the whole time Slaughter is ringside. Slaughter reminding Swagger of everything he has failed at makes him stronger, and I think this would be the best gimmick to have.

Once he loses Slaughter he turns in to super babyface star. The heel is up to you, my vote would go to Mahal, or Barrett to destroy Slaughter. Obviously you go with a foreign heel here so that Swagger's theme goes over. I honestly think this could be an interesting way to play out a character. It's a form of storytelling that could bring fans closer to Jack's character. I could see him going over with something like this. At first Slaughter yelling at him would be horribly annoying. People wouldn't know how to take it. Heel, or face?

You would play Slaughter off as somewhat of a heel, only to push Jack as the face, but in the end Swagger goes over after a WWE Legend is taken from him when it's certain that Slaughter is the reason for Swagger's success. Jack seeks vengeance on his attacker, and says that Slaughters tough love was exactly the kick in the ass he needed. Without Slaughter Jack says he may have retired young professional wrestling. You end up creating a story for Swagger, and putting a heel over in the process. I think it's something that could be possible.

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Swagger, and Sgt.Slaughter?

I don't know why they didn't go the Steve Williams emulation with Swagger. Both being football players and wrestlers from University of Oklahoma it seemed like a natural fit. Maybe that's where he's going now with the beard and longer hair.

"Death's Apprentice" Jack Swagger would be money! He could go back to the Doctorbomb as his finisher.

#7 ·
Re: Swagger, and Sgt.Slaughter?

I don't know why they didn't go the Steve Williams emulation with Swagger. Both being football players and wrestlers from University of Oklahoma it seemed like a natural fit. Maybe that's where he's going now with the beard and longer hair.

"Death's Apprentice" Jack Swagger would be money! He could go back to the Doctorbomb as his finisher.
I just don't know how many fans have a strong memory of Dr. Death Steve Williams. He wasn't much of a main stay with the WWF in the past. Slaughter goes as recent as DX when he was the GM. Granted he sucked as GM, but I could see him passing as a drill Sgt for Swagger. They could probably find some young talent like Big E.Langston to be his drill Sgt, bit I don't think anyone would take notice of him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.