Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback Discussion

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #59 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
Crumbled

Cookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a pushCookie Monster is getting a push
Default Re: Official CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback for the WWE Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm going to be irritated if the Rumble is not the main event even if its Punk facing Rock I still want the Rumble to be the main event.
I suppose it is like Rock/Hogan or even Rock/Austin at WM19. The WWE title went above both of those but in my opinion sometimes there are things just TOO big. Rock/Hogan was the whole selling point of Wrestlemania X8, they were on the cover for god sake, to have them wrestle, how hot the crowd is and then put the Diva's title and Jericho/HHH on last was a mistake, the crowd were worn out, you close the show with the selling point.

For me, it was the same at Wrestlemania 19. Obviously there was Lesnar/Angle but I just feel it shouldn't of main evented. Sure, no one knew (apart from Austin and a select few) that it was Austins last match but it should of main evented, no better way to go out then to main event Wrestlemania and lose to your biggest rival in a great match considering.

That is why it's the same with the Rumble. If the title match was Punk/Cena or Punk/Ryback or Cena/Ryback or whatever then yeah have the Rumble as the main event, them three/two have had numerous matches before on PPV's, but this is The Rock, one of the biggest draws in the industry coming back to face the champion in his first title match in 10 years, he SHOULD be main eventing. I will not be losing sleep if the Rumble doesn't main event, in fact I wouldn't even care if it opened the show.
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote