Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The nWo's third man speculation

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
murder
Working on my abs

murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: The nWo's third man speculation

I think Bret, Shawn and Taker were all discussed back then. But after reading Bischoffs book, it's clear that the third man was always going to be either Hogan or Sting.

Until 4 days prior to the PPV, Sting was supposed to be the third man. And you can tell by the way the Nitro and bash main event were booked. On Nitro, Sting was pinned very easily by Harlem Heat to lose the Tag Titles, and during the PPV match he "accidentally" knocked out Luger early in the match.

Bischoff approached Hogan with a heel turn several months prior to the NWO angle and Hogan refused. When the Outsiders angle got hot, he asked Eric who the third man would be. Eric said, he didn't know yet. (in his mind Sting would be but I guess he knew where Hogan was going with this). Rest is history.

Last edited by murder : 11-07-2012 at 02:48 AM.
murder is offline   Reply With Quote