Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - MLB: ONE WEEK!

Thread: MLB: ONE WEEK!
View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #2332 (permalink)
DesolationRow
Proud Coiner of Dub's Vituperative Moniker, He of the Duplicitous Mien

DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow DesolationRow
Default re: 2012 GIANTS...TROUT >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Anthony View Post
Congrats Giants fans. I told my boy about Pablo before the First game and he was like "who"? Now he's thinking about buying a jersey.
Wow, that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomahawkJock View Post
Cardinals have one of the best Minor League systems but if we truly want to win we need a better middle infield. Furcal is slowing down and I don't think he truly has it anymore. Descalso can play pretty well but I prefer him off the bench to be honest. And Kozma hasn't proved much at this point. Andrus or a guy like Stephen Drew might be a good upgrade.
Doesn't Furcal have one more year left on his two-year deal, though, going into 2013? And I think he's getting $7 million per from you guys. Stephen Drew would be a good get for you under most circumstances, but he's locked in to $10 million for 2013--somebody's going to have to pay him that as a condition from the contract his agent worked out for him with the Diamondbacks--so at that point you're talking $17 million for a pair of shortstops, unless you find a way to move Furcal (which could very difficult for some of the reasons you mention).

Not to be a jerk, but I did like a lot of the middle infield play of the Cardinals in the NLCS this year.

Nah, but seriously, all teams have off games and off series. Kozma looks like he needs a bit more seasoning... Descalso seems more like bench/role/utility infielder to me, but they aren't bad or anything. Just a bit rough around the edges. Kozma is a decent player overall and he tends to make contact very often when batting, but it seems like St. Louis picking him in the first round back in 2007 has forever tainted him in many fans' eyes and it's too bad.

Regarding the GIANTS and the free agency square dance... I'm hoping they sign Scutaro up for either one or two years at $7.5/$8 million per. I think Joe Panik should develop rather well this year in our farm system and Scutaro can be "the bridge" to Panik by the time 2014/2015 rolls around.

After that, looking at the CF situation, I'm okay with giving Pagan two years with a club option for a third at somewhere around $8 million per year, maybe $9 million per year, no higher than that. Rumor is that a bunch of clubs are offering him three-year deals, so if the GIANTS have to match that, so be it. With the proviso that we can move Pagan to LF when/if Gary Brown is ready to take over CF circa 2014 or whenever.

I'd like to see the GIANTS resign Jeremy Affeldt. He's a big game relief pitcher and we should use him a touch more liberally in eating up some innings around the 6th-8th innings in the future to give our starters a bit more rest when they aren't simply cruising toward the finish line of a start. I'd be fine with a three-year deal, maybe $5.25 million per? He has a bizarre, Twilight Zone-like history of oddball injuries (some of them are too goofy to even bring up here, hahaha), but I think he's worth the risk.

It would be cool to find a right-handed bat with some pop who can share LF with Gregor Blanco for next season.

After that... Deal with arbitration for Romo, Casilla and MVPosey, at some point or another. Maybe find one or two omre solid bench guys to join Arias. Potentially resign Ryan Theriot to another modest one-year deal as our backup 2B/pinch-hitter/DH at AL ballparks in interleague (hey, it worked for us in Game 4 of the World Series). And then, for 2013, anyway, we're pretty much set.

Zito will finally come off the books at the end of 2013 via buyout and there will be much drama surrounding Timmy Lincecum and what we should do with him. Gotta keep an eye on Crick, Stratton, Blackburn, et. al. in the farm system... Too bad the timing isn't right with Greinke, because if he were coming to the end of a deal with a team at the end of 2013, I'd strongly consider him being a good get for the GIANTS, but that is unrealistic and not feasible considering where we are now, and that's very much okay.