Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The nWo's third man speculation

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
theidealstranger
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000theidealstranger 501 - 1000
Default Re: The nWo's third man speculation

Bret Hart was rumored to be the third man according to many sources and I too believed it back then being a kid and much more gullible then now but he got his 20 year contract and did not jump ship. Sting was the next guy in queue followed by Luger. And then, I guess Creative Control was used for some good finally.

The general idea was a top popular star/face turn into a major heel with the original idea being Bret Hart for he was in negotiation with WCW and WWE at that time and they wanted a Top WWF guy to come and lead the take over.

I wonder what would have happened if it was Hart, him being a faction leader with Hart Foundation already and he could back up all the talk of take over in the ring in a much better way than Hogan other than Hogan no longer being looked at as the WWF guy for he joined WCW a lot before.

As Mcmahon put it, one could build a whole franchise around Hart and with nWo, WCW would have built it around him, much more successfully in my humble and immaterial opinion.

Spoiler for TIMBER!:
theidealstranger is offline   Reply With Quote