Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TNA 2009: The Turning Point

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lariatoh!
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000Lariatoh! 501 - 1000
Default Re: TNA 2009: The Turning Point

13 Decemeber, 2009
iMPACT Zone
Orlando, Florida

Pyro shoots into the air to signal the start of another episode of TNA Wrestling Impact! The sold out Impact Zone is going crazy while the commentary team welcome the audience t home around the world to this week’s edition of Total Non-Stop Action…

The Fallen Angel’s music hits and to a chorus of boos, out walks the number contender to the Heavyweight Championship of the World. Even though the jeers become deafening, Christopher Daniels laps it up, laughing all the way to the ring. Wearing a three piece suit, he gives his trademark hand signs before leaping up onto the ring apron to flash his sinister smile. He spins around and soaks in being the one to once again open Impact.

Daniels: So here I am again … opening the show. I’m really starting to get used to this. For you see in only a few short weeks, at Final Resolution, it will indeed be MY Final Resolution for TNA, when I rid TNA of AJ Styles and finally fulfil my Prophecy. I will be… Champion. Of. The. World.

Although there are some faint Fallen Angel chants the boos override them and he has to pause because they are so loud. Daniels even walks to a corner, leans on the turnbuckle and looks at his watch. This gathers more heat, but Daniels flashes them another smile and walks back into the centre of the ring to continue.

Daniels: Ya know I have been with this company for so long. I have seen them all come and go. I’ve been fired, I’ve been passed over for opportunity after opportunity. But the fact remains that no one is in my league. No one is better than me. No one is God’s gift to professional wrestling, except the Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels.

The fans start mouthing off and a “you suck” chant rings out.

Daniels: Why don’t you sit down and shut your mouth fat boy, because I haven’t even yet begun to talk. Like I was saying I have been with this company from the very beginning and had match of the year candidate after match of the year candidate, and what does this company do. They give Kurt Angle a title shot, they give AJ Styles a title shot. They give Sting a title shot. Hell they even give that fat, broken down, over the hill, piece of crap Mick Foley a title shot.

The fans are bringing the nuclear heat now, as Daniels is riling them up to a melting point.

Daniels: There is only so long a man can wait. There is only so long, a man who is better than everyone else can stay silent. Only so long can he do all the heavy lifting while the “stars” get all the glory. Well you are all now looking at the brightest star in all of wrestling. I am a supernova baby! And there is no one in this business who can touch me, because they’ll get burnt!

The fans have had enough of Daniels and are booing his new attitude like no other. He pauses slightly, acknowledging that he has gotten under the skin of the sold out crowd.

Daniels: Last week I did exactly what I said I was going to do. The Prophecy became a reality, when I walked into the tag team main event match, and I pinned the World Heavyweight Champion’s shoulders to the mat. Two weeks ago it was Kurt Angle, last week it was the World Champion Styles.

The Fallen Angel nods, speaking fact to the crowd and they aren’t happy about it.

Daniels: In a few weeks I will beat Styles again, and I will be crowned the NEW Champion of the World! That’s not just a promise, that’s the gospel ….. according to the Fallen Angel.

Daniels music hits while he laughs to himself off the mic. He bows to the crowd who are still booing him. Daniels straightens his jacket to return to backstage, but before he can put one step on the entrance ramp to leave..… Get Ready To Fly!!! The World Heavyweight Champion’s music hits and to a waterfall of pyro out appears the Phenomenal One, AJ Styles. Dressed for battle, with his hoodie over his head and the World Championship over his shoulder, Styles stands at the top of the ramp looking down at his former best friend. The fans are cheering for him, but almost blow the roof off when he flips the hood off his head to reveal an intense stare.

Styles music fades out but the chants of “AJ” ring out from all corners of the Impact Zone. Styles is almost like a statue for a few moments as the chants wash over both men. But this time it is Styles’ turn to talk.

Styles: Chris, I’ve never been someone who comes out here and whines and cries or boasts and brags about what happens in that ring. I simply step through those ropes and do what I do best, and that’s wrestle. See this here on my shoulder, it says that right now, I’m on top of the mountain in this business.

The fans pop for Styles! The Champ continues in a softly spoken but direct to the point tone.

Styles: I’m sorry you feel the way you do Chris, I’m sorry, you think I didn’t help you out, or have somehow stolen the spotlight from you, or food from your table. But we both know that isn’t true. We both know you want this World title, and over the years of competing against each other we both know, you playing mind games is just another one of the dangerous moves you have in your arsenal.

The fans are all intently listening to everything the Champion is saying . They have never seen this side of the Phenomenal One before.

Styles: To be honest Chris, I don’t know if you are trying to make me angry, so I make a mistake, or make me feel sorry for you, so I let my guard down. Either way, I do know it’s not going to work!!

The fans pop as AJ ‘s tone has changed!

Styles: At Final Resolution, on pay per view, in the main event, in front of millions around the world. It will be you and me, facing off for the World Heavyweight Championship. It will be you and me, one on one, in this ring for this!

Styles brings the title off his shoulder and holds it up high while he looks down from the top of the ramp at Daniels.

Styles: We have wrestled each other so many times, on different continents, in different organisations, but never like this. Never for the Championship of the World. It doesn’t get any bigger. I’m going to bring everything I’ve got. I’m going to bring it all, and more. Will you Chris? Will you just rely on your “prophecy” or “destiny” or whatever you want to call it, or are you going to just shut up, and fight me?! Huh?! You want to be Champion?! Then all you gotta do is, go… through… ME!

Get Ready To Fly! Styles’ music hits, the fans pop …

Styles: See you soon ….

AJ drops the mic with a thud and holds the belt high one more time, all while the fans go crazy for him while Daniels scowls back at him. Has the Fallen Angel’s mind games been thwarted? Has AJ played his own mind games? Seemingly Daniels is speechless for the first time in the last few weeks. The camera closes up on the seething look on his face. AJ is then shown with a very confident look, pointing to Daniels, then himself, then the title….

Commercial Break

Mike Tenay and Don West welcome us back to TNA Impact giving a run down on the confrontation that the former best friends, former tag team champion partners and now World Champion and challenger had before the commercial break. The rivalry has always been heated between these two men, and now it has gone to a whole new level. Tonight though after a request made by both friends of Styles and Daniels, Frankie Kazarian has challenged the Fallen Angel to a match, which Daniels reportedly happily accepted.

They also say that tonight they have some big time matches with the competitors in the TV title Iron Man pairing off in matches and Samoa Joe and Bobby Lashley going one on one!

Match #1
Eric Young vs. The Pope D’Angelo Dinero

Young’s entrance sees him flanked by World Elite’s Kiyoshi and Sheik Bashir. They stand around ringside awaiting their leader’s opponent. The Pope’s big time entrance hits, money falls from the sky and Pope puts on a big performance. But he is obviously wincing when he raises his arms up to entertain the fans. The chain shots he took from Abyss and then the slam into the thumbtacks become visible as he removes his jacket to reveal a bandage around his ribs. The reveal provides Young with a sinister smile directed at his stable mates.

The commentary team talk about the beating Pope received last week at the hands of Abyss as a video replay of it is shown. Tenay states that Jim Cornette was going to give him time to heal, but he has disregarded the doctor’s advice and has decided to wrestle tonight in order to make a statement on who will win the TV title at Final Resolution. West and Tenay also talk about how EY must have accepted the fate of the Global title and is now a part of the TV title race.

The bell rings and EY goes straight after Pope’s ribs. Big heavy shots find their mark. Pope is in deep trouble early. But he fires back with punching combos of his own to a huge pop from the fans. Young though rakes the eyes and then goes after the ribs again. He nails Pope with a clothesline and a DDT for a long 2 count! Pope again fights back. He protects his side while landing the Pimp Slap! EY kicks out and begs the Pope off in the corner, but all he gets is a boot in the mouth! This drapes Eric over the middle rope and so Pope is able to hit the Coronation!! But the move hurts him quite badly. Landing on the outside after his trademark move, he crumples to the floor holding his midsection. The ref starts counting Pope out. Dinero just makes it into the ring at the count of 8 only to be drilled by a piledriver! 1..2.. Pope kicks out!

Kiyoshi and Bashir get up on the apron and argue with the ref. The official demands they get down, making them drop to the floor. Young pulls on the ref’s arm demanding that it was 3 count. As the ref explains to Eric the shoulder was up Pope schoolboys the World Elite leader from behind 1..2.. Young kicks out this time. Pope holding his ribs tries to get to his feet, but a very angry and frustrated Young comes down on him with a double sledge. He then starts smashing away on him getting to his feet to a chorus of boos from the fans with an enraged look plastered across his face. Pope from his knees lands some body shots, which only makes Young more determined. Young looks for a suplex, but Pope blocks it, so Eric goes behind and swings him in a wheelbarrow into the air and then dropped into an elevated neckbreaker!!!! 1.2.3!

Winner: Eric Young

Pope’s injuries were too much for him to overcome and the former, non-recognised Global Champion is heading into the Final Resolution fatal four way Iron Man title match for the TV Championship with big time momentum. Kiyoshi and Bashir taunt the crowd by pointing to their leader’s waist and doing the sign of the belt for him. Young’s sinister smirk continues with his hands raised in the air. Pope is helped to the back by the referee…

Backstage Team 3D are walking towards ringside…

Commercial Break

Bombs go off in the Impact zone to signal the arrival of Team 3D. Brother Ray and Devon call out the World Tag Team Champions, the British Invasion. The normally smug title holders warily walk out onto the stage but don’t go any further. Ray tells them to get into the ring, but Magnus tells them they are fine right were they are. Ray tells them that they might be the guys who are holding the belts, but they aint no Champs when Team 3D is on the roster. Ray demands a title shot at Final Resolution and if they refuse , him and Devon will walk up that ramp and beat them half to death.

Magnus does his best to puff out his chest to retort. He says that Team 3D were good, but they are the past and the here and now has passed them by. The British Invasion are the Tag Team Champions of the World and they call the shots around here. Ray says that’s fine and if that’s the way they want to play it… Ray drops his mic and he and Devon move towards the ramp.

Both Magnus and Doug put them hands up and back away up on the ramp. Ray and Devon methodically make their way up the ramp … only to be set upon by the Machine Guns and Beer Money!!! Sabin and Shelley double team Ray, while Storm and Roode do the same to Devon! Both men are synchronised thrown hard into the guard rails. The Brits who obviously have no idea what is going on watch the two other teams beat up Team 3D.

Shelley leaps off the ring apron with a double knee strike to a propped up Brother Ray! His head is smashed in and the back of his skull bounces off the concrete floor! While Devon is nailed with a Storm superkick right into a spine buster from Roode on the cement! The Guns and Beer money stand over Team 3D, then look at each other, then look up at the ramp. The Brits nervously hold their belts up before hastily walking off. The Guns and BMI then stare each other down while we again go backstage.

Tenay says that the camera crew has caught an argument between AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. The World Champion accuses Angle of not having his head in the game last week and it cost them the match. Angle says he doesn’t have to justify anything to Styles. It seems that Styles is still a disrespectful punk and that he learnt nothing from the MEM/Frontline war. Styles says he is the World Champion and he did it by not abandoning his partner or demand his team mate lie down for him to become a World Champion. (Tenay says that AJ is talking about Angle ordering at the time World champion Sting to lay down for him so he can be the Champion.)

Angle doesn’t take too kindly to AJ’s words, but tells him he’ll let it go because it’s obvious he is upset about his best friend “dumping” him. This time it is Angle who gets under AJ’s skin. There is some push and shove and Cornette appears to break it up. The Impact GM tells them that if they have a problem then why don’t they just settle it in the ring in tonight’s main event. Non-title match, AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle!! Both men like that idea. They stare each other down and agree to it. Angle tells Styles that tonight he’ll show him that he’s just a paper champion. Styles shakes his head with a smirk saying that tonight he’ll prove that the Main Event Mafia were just a bunch of cowards knowing their time was up and they were just trying to save their spots. Both walk off to get ready…

Commercial Break

Back from commercial Mike Tenay and Don West say they want to take everyone back to last week when chaos reined over the impact zone. They talk about how Matt Morgan attacked an official and then a camera man after his dq loss. Morgan has been suspended for his actions and no longer in the TV title fatal four-way iron man match at Final Resolution. The video of Morgan snapping and going berserk is shown. Taking Morgan’s place will be Shark Boy! They talk about maybe Raven’s influence stirring up some animosity around the company as he has spoken out two weeks in a row and seemingly challenged Sting to a match. The TNA office has yet to talk to Raven as he is not returning their calls.

Match #2
Shark Boy vs. Hernandez

Sharky, extremely happy to be in the running for the Television Championship, comes out playing to the fans. They are right behind him, cheering him while he claps hands with the fans at ringside. BOOM! A huge right hand flies out of the crowd and smashes him in the jaw! Leaping over the guardrail is the 7 feet tall Matt Morgan! Sharky is so stunned he walks right into a brutal Carbon Footprint! Sharky is flung upside down and across the floor by the shot, as if he was hit by an 18 wheeler!

Security comes out, but Morgan holds his ground intimidating them. He yells out “What are you insects gonna do?!”

Hernandez walks out as he was to be in the match, but security keep him back while Morgan is ordered to leave. Morgan laughs at them before finally Cornette walks out with trainers, officials and agents to calm down the big man. The fans are booing the Blueprint as Cornette is heard saying , Morgan gave him no choice after his actions last week. The 7 foot giant is moved to the back with the commotion, stopping the show for the time being . Shark Boy is being looked at by the trainers as Impact goes to commercial.

Commercial Break

Back from commercial, the commentary team talk about what has been going on in the Impact Zone lately. The Blueprint, 7 foot tall Matt Morgan seemingly is not having a good month and is physically taking it out on everyone! Relays show Morgan attacking Shark Boy…

Match #3
Frankie Kazarian vs. Christopher Daniels

Kazarian walks out to the ring with microphone in hand. Stepping through the ropes he says that he, AJ and Daniels have been friends a long time. He believes that both men are the very best this sport has to offer, but Daniels has come out here each and every week being nothing but jealous of AJ’s achievements. So tonight he wants to knock some sense into Daniels’ head so things can get back to normal.

But Daniels’ music hits and he is not amused. He steps through the ropes and snatches the microphone out of Frankie’s hand. Daniels looks him square in the eye and questions what was normal? He says that AJ got all the accolades, while he and Kazarian got either food scraps or fired. Kazarian can stand out here and drink AJ Styles and TNA’s kool aid, but he wont, and if Kazarian wants to fight him, to “knock some sense into him”, then Daniels says it’s actually the other way round, he’s going to pummel some sense into Frankie!

“BOOM!” Daniels drives the microphone right between Kazarian’s eyes! Kaz drops to a knee, Daniels removes his cloak, and orders the ref to ring the bell. Bouncing off the ropes, Daniels lands a shining wizard and makes the cover..1..2.. but Kaz kicks out. Daniels starts stomping down on Kazarian before picking him but his earlobes, trash talking him and then dropping him back down with a big palm strike.

Best Moonsault Ever! 1..2… what! Daniels lifts Frankie’s shoulder off the mat. Daniels is not done with his “friend”. Daniels looks for a suplex, only for Kaz to block it and reverse it! The crowd pop for the fight back. Kaz is dazed yet lands some big time shots before catapulting off the middle rope with a guillotine leg drop! 1..2… Daniels kicks out. Short arm clothesline knocks Kazarian down. Getting to his feet quickly, he eats a Daniels knee strike and then is perched on the top turnbuckle. Daniels is setting up for something, but Kaz kicks Daniels in the face and nails a missile dropkick! 1..2… kickout!

The fans chant “Frankie! Frankie!” firing up the high flyer. Daniels stumbles into a fireman’s carry, but he fires elbows in to escape dropping down the back. The go behind , Daniels looks for a German suplex, but Frankie elbows out escaping the move. Hitting the ropes though he runs into a boot to the gut. ANGELS WINGS! 1.2.3!

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Daniels stands over his friend, not happy that he was almost defeated. Daniels gets his arm raised, but he isn’t finished. He rolls out of the ring grabs a chair and a microphone. He sets up the chair to deafening boos and chants for “AJ” and… sits on it. Daniels talks to the fans and says that just like Frankie Kazarian, they are all sheep. They are all blind to the fact that Styles is a coward and has turned his friend against him. He says that all the fans probably thought that he was going to use the chair on Frankie. No, but he wont hesitate to use it on AJ Styles. The so called Champion of the World has someone else do his fighting for him in the form of his friend. Daniels says that at Final Resolution he will become World Heavyweight Champion by defeating AJ Styles and “you people” will finally wake up!

Daniels then helps Kazarian up, who is still very dazed from the Angels Wings facebuster finisher. Daniels checks on him while he shakes off the blow. But Daniels folds up the chair and smashes across his friend’s back! Koji Clutch!!! Daniels has the vicious submission hold locked in, cranking back on Kazarian who looks to be out! The fans boo the Fallen Angel only to make him tighten his grip! Finally Daniels releases his hold, spits on Kazarian and dusts his hands off before walking backstage almost all in one motion, never looking back…

Commercial Break

The commentary team welcome everyone back and talk about some footage in the backstage. Security had kept AJ Styles from going to ringside to help his friend Kazarian, due to what happened with Morgan earlier. Cornette doesn’t want any more chaos tonight. The commentary team say that Daniels and Styles is going to be explosive at Final Resolution, which moves them to talk about the pay per view card…

For the new TNA Television Championship Four man Iron man match – Hernandez vs. Eric Young vs. D’Angelo Dinero vs. TBA – (Matt Morgan has been removed from the match and Shark Boy is now unable to wrestle)
• Bobby Lashley vs. Samoa Joe vs. Scott Steiner
• Knockout Champion Tara will defend against ODB
• Just announced British Invasion vs. Beer Money vs. MCMGs vs. Team 3D
• Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe 2
• And... World Heavyweight Championship match Champion AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

All this and more…

The wolf howls and out walks Desmond Wolfe to ringside. Dressed in his trademark suit and sunglasses the smooth Brit gets in the ring to address the announced Angle vs. Wolfe 2 match. Wolfe says that he told Angle, he told the world that he wasn’t done with “Mr Mangled”. Angle didn’t “beat” him at Turning Point, he beat the living hell out Angle, he says. He out wrestled him, he out fought him, but the win column says one for Angle. This time he will embarrass the Olympic Gold medallist. This time he will not just beat him down, he will end his career. The way he intends to do so is in a Three Degrees of Pain cage match. First fall will be pinfall. Second submission, and if needed, which it wont, escape the cage. But he plans on doing all three to embarrass “Mr Mangled” while EMTs stretcher him out of TNA forever.

Kurt Angle’s music hits and he steps through the ropes. Wolfe quickly scurries to the floor and backs away, but Angle has something to say. Grabbing a mic, Kurt tells Wolfe that he can’t wait to get his hands on him again. Kurt tells Wolfe that he accepts his three degrees of pain match, and this time it is going to be different. Angle says that because Wolfe’s style was unknown to him, he wasn’t fully prepared, but this time, he knows what to expect. Wolfe is going to get put down like the animal he is inside the cage giving him his Final Resolution! Oh it’s real, it’s damn real!

Commercial break

Match #4
KO Champion Tara and Gail Kim vs. ODB and Awesome Kong

The Knockout’s are in action as we get a replay of last week’s interaction between the four competitors tonight, which set up tonight’s match. The fans are behind the team of Champ Tara and team mate Gail against Kong and ODB.

Tara dominates ODB only for Kong to tag in and dominate most of the match. Gail finally gets a blind tag and nails Kong with a dropkick to the temple! Kong staggers and Gail and Tara look to suplex the monster but are thrown off. Kong hits a spinning back fist and a powerbomb! But she is then tagged out with a blind tag and ODB pins the champ! ODB steals the pinfall.

Winners: ODB and Awesome Kong

ODB celebrates with her flask drinking up the aisle getting some big time distance between her and Kong…

The commentary team talk about how Angle vs. Wolfe 2 is now a Three degrees of pain match and they reiterate the rules of the match that will bring final resolution to these two men… when horrible feedback blasts out of the arena’s speakers. The commentary team have to rip off their headsets as the voice of Raven booms from above. The cameras frantically look around the impact zone until they find the maniacal one standing in the rafters. He looks to be dressed in a black leather long coat much like the Icon.

Raven: Realisation! Realisation of what he sees or how he sees you all. He looks down on all of us from high above thinking he is above it all. Above the immorality, above the blood, above the filth.

The spotlight shines on Raven making the sold out crowd boo him.

Raven: But from up here I see nothing but darkness and grime. Looking down on you all. Oh how powerful he must feel. And how safe you all must believe to be. Disgusting. Pathetic. He is powerless. He is impotent.

The boos become deafening…

Raven: I have invaded his fortress up here in the heavens and found no consequences. There was no one stopping me from entering. He has abandoned his post, he has left you all to the rapture that will come from below and now above.

You all look to the sky to be saved, but all you will find are destructive storms, murderous lightning and rains that will flood the impact zone drowning the old regime. There is no escape for any of you. There is no escape for your saviour… and there will be no one to stop me when I burn TNA to the ground. Quote the Raven nevermore.

Raven disappears from sight when suddenly he leaps from rafters!!! His body comes flying down onto the ring where it stops just short. There is a rope wrapped around his neck and it snaps in place catching his body only a few feet from the mat. The fans scream as a mannequin in Sting’s coat and face paint is hanging from the ceiling! Raven’s voice is heard laughing as the mannequin spins around hanging in the centre of the ring. The commentary team talk about how sick and twisted Raven has become when suddenly fire starts burning down the rope. The flames quickly shoot down onto the dummy and the body catches on fire.

Security quickly has extinguishers and puts out the fake Sting as Impact goes to commercial.

Commercial Break

The commentary team look to be a bit shaken up after what many people thought was Raven or Sting had been hung right in the middle of the Impact zone. During the break footage is shown of Jim Cornette apologising to the fans for Raven’s actions.

Backstage Samoa Joe is interviewed about his thoughts on the announced triple threat match at Final Resolution. Joe says that he lost to Lashley at Bound For Glory. This was indeed a wake up call for him. Then last month Steiner defeats Lashley, and well Joe is 2and 0 against Steiner. So it’s real simple for him, he’s walking into this match to put everyone on notice as to who is the most dominate wrestler in the world. When the three titans collide, the Samoan Submission Machine will be the one left standing. Joe says as for tonight he will avenge his Bound For Glory match when he chokes out Bobby Lashley.

Match #5
Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Lashley

After their impressive entrances the two behemoths square off in the middle of the ring. Joe is burning a hole through Lashley, obvious that the loss on TNA’s grandest stage is still a thorn in his side. They lock up and Lashley uses his power to push back Joe, but Joe isn’t going to play that game, and quickly transitions into a go behind with a hammerlock. Lashley patiently looks to get out of it, but Joe applies pressure on the arm and elbow looking to damage it. Lahsley grabs a rope and the ref asks for the break. Joe makes the brak but when Bobby turns gets nailed in the nose by a rabbit punch! Lashley swings but misses a smiling Joe.

Lashley wants to lock up again, but Joe shoots on the leg, bringing down the big man. Lashley covers up as Joe takes full mount and drives in elbow shots. The two separate and Joe quickly gets a fireman’s carry into a back slam, only for Lashley to get to his feet and scoop slam the 290 pounder! Lashley comes off the ropes and hits a clothesline on Joe who rolls out to the floor. Bobby follows him out only to get a side kick to the gut and then his face planted into the steel ring steps! Joe then runs up the steps and hits a flying bulldog on Lashley driving his head into the concrete!

The fans come alive with the vicious move as Joe grabs a chair and sets it up in the corner. He sits Lashley down on it as the crowd sing along with an Ole Ole Kick! BOOM! Joe kicks Bobby in the side of the head forcing the other side into the steel guard rail! Joe looks down at the damage he has done as the ref begins counting. Joe rolls Lashley back into the ring..1..2.. kickout!

Joe brings Lashley to his feet and whips him into the corner and charges in, but eats turnbuckle as the big man moved out of the way. Bobby kicks Joe in the gut and goes for the Dominator, but Joe slides out the back and hits a belly to back suplex! Joe hits a senton 1..2.. kickout! Lashley fights from his knees with big punches to Joe’s gut. Lashley then gets to his feet and as Joe comes off the ropes he is hit with an overdrive slam! Joe gets back to his feet out of instinct and Lashley hits the Powerslam for 1..2.. Kickout!

These two men keep hitting each other with power move after power move. Joe hits a decapitation clothesline, only for Lashley to fire back with one of his own. Joe looks for the Coquina Clutch, but Lashley backs Joe into the corner to break it up. Lashley then lands a big time splash and as Joe stumbles out of the corner Lashley hits the kick to the gut to set up the Dominator. Joe slips out of it turning his body and locking in the clutch. Lashley fights and fights the hold but he eventually drops to one knee. BOOM! Joe is smacked in the back with a forearm shot from Steiner. Lashley is then hit with a t-bone suplex!

Winner: No contest

Steiner stands over both men and locks in the Recliner submission on both of them. He does push ups next to both of them and trash talks them some more before walking off with his music playing and his gigantic arms in the air.

Commercial Break

The commentary team welcome us back and say that because Matt Morgan attacked Shark Boy tonight, there will be a bonus match. Hernandez has asked Cornette for a match after his opponent was taken out.

Match #6
Hernandez vs. Abyss w/ James Mitchell

The commentary team talk about how Hernandez should be careful what he wishes for. Mitchell walks out with his evil laugh leading the monster to the ring. Hernandez come sout pumped ready to go to work! Hernandez looks ready to show the wrestling world he has arrived and attacked Abyss before the bell. The Mexican powerhouse whips Abyss into the ropes and goes for the big shoulder tackle but Abyss knocks him down!!

The monster hits big clubbing blows and whips him into the ropes hitting the big boot. Hernandez regroups on the outside, but this is where Abyss flourishes. However Big Dez runs up the steel steps and flies with a big clothesline knocking down the monster! Hernandez rolls back into the ring and hits the ropes and flies over the top and comes crashing down on the monster again bringing the fans again to their feet! Dez rips off his white singlet and wraps it around Abyss throat. He then sues it to ram the monster’s face into the apron. Dez then smashes the monster with a big clothesline and rolls back itnot he ring playing to the fans and getting them pumped up. Abyss gets back into the ring and Hernandez looks for the irish whip, but it is blocked and reversed. Abyss misses the clothesline and Dez comes off the ropes with a flying forearm smash!

Dez picks up Abyss, but the monster pushes him off and pushes him into the corner nailing a big splash. Then comes the Shock Treatment backbreaker! 1..2.. kickout! Dez tries to pull himself back to his feet via the ropes, Abyss moves in and goozles him. Dez escapes the chokeslam, flips out the side and goes for the scoop slam, but his back gives out! Black Hole Slam! 1..2..3!

Winner: Abyss

Mitchell pulls a leather pouch from underneath the ring and hands it to his charge. The Monster empties the contents all over the canvas revealing broken glass! The ref yells at Abyss trying to make him stop, only to be shoved so violently, he ends up spilling through the ropes and onto the floor with a thud. Abyss grabs Dez by the throat and is about to slam him back first into the sick sharp shards… when The Pope’s music hits and out he sprints with a steel chair in hand.

The Pope last week was a victim of Abyss’ post match attack and is out to make sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else. Abyss pushes Dez to one side who grabs his throat on the way down. Abyss welcomes the violence as Pope dives under the ropes and swings for the fences with the chair. It smashes Abyss in the shoulder, but the Monster absorbs the shot and so Pope swings again! Abyss swats the chair out of Pope’s hands and then goozles him. Pope though kicks the knee cap and then comes off the ropes with a flying shoulder tackle! Abyss goes down and as he attempts to get to his feet Hernandez is back to his feet and he clotheslines him over the top rope to the floor to a huge pop from the fans. Mitchell is livid and threatens Pope and Dez as the fans are cheering for them getting the better of Abyss tonight!

Backstage we see a split screen of both Kurt Angle and World Champion AJ Styles heading towards ringside!

Commercial Break

We come back from commercial and the commentary team announce that Jim Cornette has made Abyss the fourth man in the Television Championship fatal four way at Final Resolution! West comments that it sounds like the sleazy James Mitchell has got his client a title shot out of all this mayhem he’s been causing...

Main Event
Non-title match
World Champion AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle

Angle’s music hits and the fans go crazy. JB is in the ring and he announces the main event. Pyro falls from the sky like a fiery waterfall signalling the arrival of the Phenomenal World Champion. Styles appears through the sparks to a huge ovation from the sold out Impact Zone. Angle’s steel blue eyes are intensely fixed upon the gold belt over Styles’ shoulder. Angle is still seething he is no longer Champion and it is obvious he is no friend of the man who took the belt from him.

Styles gives the belt to the referee and the two men come together in the ring. Eye to eye, Angle and Styles talk about the title and who is the better man. They argue back and forth before Angle slaps the taste out of Styles’ mouth! Shown absolutely no respect, the Champion explodes with big right hands and forearm heavy shots! This is no wrestling match this is a fight!

Angle fires back with lefts and rights of his own, and the technical skills of both men are out the window. The ref tries to get some sort of control and get the men to open up their hands. Angle is able to back Styles into the corner, but AJ fires back with kicks creating space. Styles sprints off the ropes but is caught with an overhead release suplex!!!

Styles flies almost out of the ring. His body hits the ropes and he lands on the back of his head and neck. Angle normally gets up and spins around celebrating such a move, but this time , he goes straight back on the attack. Powerfully pulling the champion to his feet by an arm, Angle looks for the Olympic Slam only for AJ to escape with an arm drag counter. Both men quickly get to their feet but Styles does his trademark drop down into a big time dropkick! Styles just like Angle would usually pose after that move, but it his turn to stay on the attack with a leaping knee drop to the back of Angle’s skull!

Styles then hits a Torture Rack bomb and covers for a 2 count. Not wasting any time he runs up the turnbuckles nailing a frogsplash! But Angle has moved out of the way at the last second. Ankle Lock applied! Styles twists his body to escape it, kicking Angle off him. But Angle falls backwards and his skull bounces off some sort of metal behind the ref’s back! Angle falls straight into a kick to the gut and Styles Clash from the World Champion!

Winner: AJ Styles

And as quickly as it started, the match is over and Styles has his arm raised. But even he looks confused on how easily he won the match. Desmond Wolfe though is at ringside and he has a segment of a steel cage in his hand, and it becomes obvious to Styles that he used it on Angle.

Styles is angry that Wolfe got involved in his match as he wanted to prove to Kurt and himself that he is the best. Wolfe with his eyes on Angle, steps into the ring and starts rolling up his sleeves. Styles gets in his face and the two men begin to argue. Wolfe rolls out of the ring with a big smile on his face putting up his hands saying he’s got no quarrel with Styles. Styles looks to check on Angle but he is attacked from behind now by Daniels!

The Fallen Angel has come out of the crowd and laid out Styles with a forearm shot to the skull. He then locks on the Koji Clutch, allowing Wolfe to slide into the ring and lock Angle in his London Dungeon! Daniels and Wolfe have taken advantage of the egos of Styles and Angle and now are making them pay for it as Impact goes off the air….

Results

[spolier]Eric Young def. D’angelo Dinero
Jay Lethal vs. Hernandez did not commence
Christopher Daniels def. Frankie Kazarian
ODB and Awesome Kong def. Gail Kim and KO Champion Tara
Samoa Joe vs. Bobby Lashley ended in a no contest
Abyss def. Hernandez
World Champion AJ Styles def. Kurt Angle in a non-title match
[/spolier]
Lariatoh! is offline   Reply With Quote