Wrestling Forum banner

What was with the recording quality? It was like watching RAW back in the 80's....

3K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  Undashing Rom 
#1 ·
What the hell was that? That was the shittiest picture quality I have seen in a while. It ruined an otherwise better-than-average RAW.

#9 ·
Re: What was with the recording quality? It was like watching RAW back in the 80's...

LOL, you guys.

It's because in europe they are recording in PAL and here in America our TV use NTSC. So, we get the PAL quality transfered into NTSC for American diffusion.

#10 ·
Re: What was with the recording quality? It was like watching RAW back in the 80's...

LOL, you guys.

It's because in europe they are recording in PAL and here in America our TV use NTSC. So, we get the PAL quality transfered into NTSC for American diffusion.
Look.... I don't know what the fuck you just said.... but the point is, that shit sucked.

#4 ·

May I suggest you subscribing to HD programming?
Ummm.... may I suggest something else... like actually watching this particular episode of RAW? Did you even bother to watch it today?

I have HD programming. Every week, the quality is terrific. Today it was quite the opposite...

#3 ·

I agree, the editing of this show was wierd, especially when Big Show was holding the belt above his head, it seemed like they were going to commercial break only for them to cut back to the Big Show for 5 seconds before going to a commercial :D

#7 ·

i had bad reception too.

del rios muscle tone almost looked good. thats how bad my reception was.

#12 ·

Ah, yes, RAW back in the 80's. Man, those where the days. :hogan

#16 ·

Probably PAL being converted to NTSC. American telly looks shitty when it ends up on our screens, too.

#17 ·

It was the format difference that caused the drop in quality for most I'd imagine. The reason you notice it is because you do have HD. For those few of us still stuck in the stone age with tube driven standard definition tv's, there wasn't any noticeable difference in quality at all.

#18 ·

yeah i noticed it too, maybe because the british has shitty quality for cameras lol

#23 ·

Frame rate wouldn't effect the colour balance though, to me it looked like when an arena gets smokey from pyro. To me it looked more like a yellow tint. Interested to know if WWE brings all their equipment or rents it when overseas.

#27 ·

Maybe it was the fact that they had to transmit everything across from England back to the US and stuff, and it isn't the normal WWE production stuff you'd have in USA.

I know from watching sports highlights, that whenever they show highlights of some soccer/football games from england and other places outside of north america, the quality isn't as good, compared to highlights of local games.

#28 ·

It kind of reminded me of the grittiness and color of raw in the mid to late 90s, I kind of liked it. What I didn't like however were those new tube lights lining the ramp. Looked terrible.

#29 ·

Well, that's what you get when you must have "standards" that differ from 90% of the rest of the world, wether its Pal Ntsc stuff, foots'n'inches or fahrenheit crap. :troll

#30 ·

Who gives, it had a more rough feel which I think is better, like the old days

#31 ·

Well this sums it up for me, you guys will moan about everything...jesus christ it was an average raw that was not as shit as usual...and no the picture wasnt good enough...SHUT UP

#32 ·

It looked better to be honest. Looked kinda like Silent Hill 2, all grainy and stuff. Made the show look more gritty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.