Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1435 (permalink)
Smif-N-Wessun
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500Smif-N-Wessun 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mark View Post
man I gotta say, I wanted to discuss this for a while now, and this is an argument i'm willing to throw : Ice Cube from 87 to 94 is the greatest rapper ever.. my opinion of course and here's why :

everything he wrote became an instant classic, Straight Outta Compton (although Ren and Doc contributed but Cube wrote the bigger part), Eazy-Duz-It, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, The Predator, and to some extent Lethal Injection

5 of the greatest albums in hip hop history and considered classics, hell AmeriKKKa's Most was the album that foreshadowed (and considered an inspiration) the L.A riots in 92

he also is credited for the greatest diss song in rap history (by many fans and critics) which is No Vaseline

it's a shame that people consider the GOATs Biggie and Pac, who both were legendary artists and deep with the lyrics but lets face it, a huge portion of the people calling them the GOATs weren't born or were babies during their primes and assumed they were the greatest just because they got shot

had Ice Cube died in 95 he would've been considered God in many people's eyes
I disagree. You can't really count Eazy-Duz-It under his discography since it's Eazy's album. Plus he's put out some pretty weak albums (LNCL, fuckin I Am the West). He can't really be considered solely responsible for Straight Outta Compton either, since he wasn't the only one writing for it. I consider his first two classics, but the rest, nah. Even if Cube did die in 95, my opinion on him wouldn't change all that much. While he's great, there are some rappers that are just... Better at everything.

^furious, projects self-image onto others^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
“Kevin Nash is right. Smaller guys don’t draw. I mean who would pay any money to watch itty bitty guys like Mayweather or Paquiao?"
Talent/charisma draws. Not size.