Wrestling Forum banner

BIG GAME ROBBEN

352K views 9K replies 237 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
Since Liverpool are starting their Europa League campaign tonight, may as well start this thread now.

This will be rodgers first season in Europe, so I expect he'll look to have a solid competition. I reckon AVB will take this competition more seriously than Redknapp and Newcastle will want to do well for sure. Hopefully these three teams will do well and help England's co-efficient points.

As for the CL, we're retaining it :jordan2

See less See more
#2,419 ·
Re: UEFA Champions/Europa League 2012-13 Thread

Barcelona XI: Pinto - Montoya Puyol Adriano Planas - Thiago Song SergiRoberto - Tello Rafinha Villa

I don't even need to look at our own XI to know that we better start preparing for Thursday Night football in February
Obviously clubs have the right to look after their own interests regarding resting their top players but I don't like this at all, especially when so much is on the line. Doesn't playing a "weakened side" in the prem get you a fine?

Hopefully it doesn't cost Celtic.

#2,422 ·

Dont know why Chelsea fans are being so dramatic about it, Shakhtar have won every game at home so far, they wont want to finish second in the group, and Chelsea should beat Nordsjælland, so its certainly not impossible

You think looking at our lineup it tells us he'll play a 4-3-3 vs city with fletch/scholes/carrick and rooney out on the winger and valencia/young on the other side.

#2,418 ·

Chelsea will qualify and then get the easiest last 16 draw :terry
knowing their luck this will happen :no:

English media are just making things overly dramatic, they are acting like its a forgone conclusion Juve will get a result when not many teams get them in Donetsk, only team that did was Barcelona in recent years

#2,417 ·

It's not impossible, but I think once Shakhtar realise Juve are perfectly comfortable with the draw, then they will not have to put their foot on the gas and the draw will be played out.

It's embarrassing to go out as champions (the first time ever to be done), but oh well. Just gotta sort ourselves out and make sure we're back next year (which isn't a guarantee with the shit 'performances' we're putting out these days).

#2,420 ·

beating norjalland isnt easy

especially not in the garbage form we're in

also this weakened side nonsense is garbage. for one, how can you 'prove' what a weakened side is without calling certain players shit?

And second, its the club's choice to play whoever the fuck they want. the only people who have a right to be pissed are the fans that pay to see the game

#2,431 ·

also this weakened side nonsense is garbage. for one, how can you 'prove' what a weakened side is without calling certain players shit?

And second, its the club's choice to play whoever the fuck they want. the only people who have a right to be pissed are the fans that pay to see the game
So if Shakhtar played their youth team and went down 0-4 you wouldn't be at all annoyed?

Anyway, the more British teams through the better so hope they win.

#2,434 ·

Eva should be our manager. We'd never boo her and I don't think Roman would fire her, because he'd get done for sexism.
Can't do much worse than we are now and press conferences would be a lot more interesting. Would she be allowed out of the technical area to help injured players? If not we could see a huge downward slope in the number of groin injuries the players get.

If Shaktar win tonight and we don't I think I might cry.

#2,433 ·

Always love how whenever the Champions League anthem gets played at Celtic Park it gets met with an incredible roar until the end of the song, whereas seemingly every other ground just stays quiet.

It is Barca's prerogative to rest players for what is essentially a dead tie to them, but I agree with Magsimus it is horrible luck for Celtic who had to fight for everything against a full strength side. I still wouldn't be shocked if they beat Benfica though, especially at home. Celtic as well really should be fancied to not lose at home, given their impeccable CL record at Celtic Park.

Hope Celtic go through, though I'd hate to draw them again. Played them twice already in recent years that the glamour in the tie has really diminished. If I wasn't low on funds and they hadn't finished group winners, I'd be praying for Dortmund away because it might be the only game bar Sheff Weds/Bristol City away I'd consider going to again with 'Big United'.

Still not convinced Chelsea are out of the competition either. They could obviously have been in a better position at the start of the night, but there's also far worse positions (such as having to play Shakhtar or Juve away in the last game needing a result).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.