Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dragon Gate USA: November Tripleshot

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #79 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000
Default Re: Dragon Gate USA: November Tripleshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrash View Post
Odds are if Low Ki ain't winning, he ain't coming in.

It was more that the company had no storyline or feuds, which hurt it when all the great matchups started to dry up. There can be a healthy mix where you don't over rely on foreign talent while at the same time not having the shows feel like just another indy when most of the guys can be seen other places or in EVOLVE during breaks between DGUSA shows.
I agree, which is why they originally started developing factions in DGUSA mixing American and Japanese wrestlers (such as Kamikaze USA/CHIKARA Sekigun/World 1 USA/Ronin, etc. but they're moving away from this unfortunately). There can be a healthy mix and for the most it has IMO bar this past Summer.

As far as the in-between shows are concerned, the whole point of EVOLVE was to give their DGUSA talent a platform to wrestle in between DGUSA shows. At times it can feel like any other indy, but I'd argue that's a problem with the entire indy landscape in general as everyone wrestles everywhere (a few exceptions of course). For me at least with DGUSA you get invested storylines, consistent booking/pacing and distinct characters. These qualities are not exclusive to DGUSA/EVOLVE of course but I'm" simply more a fan of their ways of doing things.

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND

Last edited by Matt_Yoda : 11-06-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Matt_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote