Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dragon Gate USA: November Tripleshot

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #76 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friendsMatt_Yoda needs to make some friends
Default Re: Dragon Gate USA: November Tripleshot

The entire point of DGUSA was to develop and showcase top tier indy talent with the occassional DGJapan talent coming in for shows. CIMA would serve as the ambassador of the promotion and teach the US talent the Dragon Gate lucha libre style + Japan tours for some of the talent. During the first couple of shows, the fanbase (including myself) heavily rode Gabe because he was relying on the DGJapan talent instead of investing in original guys like he said he would and thankfully he moved away from that and stuck to his word.

Pair this with their relationship with CZW and as a result we've gotten guys like Moxley, Gargano, Fish, Brodie, Fox, Ricochet, Callihan, Davis, Swann, Uhaa, Del Sol and more + vets like Aries, Jacobs, Spanky, London, Dreamer, Sabu among others. Gabe has an amazing eye for talent and no booker thus far has done a better job of establishing a core roster of distinct talent than he has IMO. PWG came close when I followed them but I heard they stopped using a lot of their guys.

@TheCorre: Dragon Gate (J) talent don't do DGUSA shows unless Oji gives the green light or your name is CIMA; It's why Yoshino didn't come back for shows after WM weekend.

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND
Matt_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote