Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
View Single Post
post #2732 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Loudness
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by i$e View Post
I pretty much always advocate heavy lifting unless supplied with info to suggest it's not possible.

Anyway, I don't do cardio because it's a non-essential factor to my goals. Just saying, IF I were to do it on my lifting days, I'd do it after lifting, not before. Obv you can do whatever you want though and nobody is saying you can't do them both in the same day.
It's all about effectiveness tbh. I don't see why you wouldn't do cardio unless you want to look like shit and have no stamina (not directed at you). If you're doing cardio three times/weight lifting 3-4 times a week, you've already won. I was mostly referring my statement to those, who apparently think doing cardio all the time will get you big, or to those who don't lift will make them big. Now this sounds like basic advice,but believe me, I've met so many people who thought they could get big from just running around and doing extremely light lifting or getting bigger from simply lifting light that it's hilarious. I lift for looks and still lift more than most of those "abs"-infested nerds, to get the size/strength, you gotta do something for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Its not that i can't, its just how i break up my week. I live a bit under 2km away from the gym so i walk there, jog back. I have a pool, a heavy bag, live near the beach and have a bike and play and train for cricket so my cardio mostly gets broken up throughout general activities during my week. Generally in the gym a max of 4 days a week, 2-3 lifting, 1 cardio.
Yeah, but in your case it makes sense. Compare your workout to most of the guys who make excuses and you'll realise pretty soon that you're doing more than most of them. Totally different scenario. I'm talking of those who lift three times a week yet somehow still can't find the time do cardio at all.

Last edited by Loudness; 11-06-2012 at 10:30 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome