Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#5,713 ·
Exactly. These guys don't come out every year otherwise the league would be filled with great QBs which it clearly isn't. Luck, and RGIII for that matter, are QBs you just can't miss out on if you have the chance to take them. It was the same way with Manning when he was drafted. I'm so happy right now that we have another franchise QB that can carry us for years and didn't end up with a guy like Sanchez or Gabbert that just fails on all medium level expectations.

#5,714 ·
Luck as a rookie led the team to 11 wins and getting rid of Manning for him was a mistake? Ha. Luck is only going to get better. Peyton is only going to get older. Luck will have a dynasty in Indy if all goes right. They improve their Oline and get a few more pieces on Defense and they will be the best team in the AFC in three years. With Peyton, they would have to hope to find a QB as good as Luck in a few years, and that would be hard. They had the number 1 pick and the right player for that pick. The only mistake Indy made in my opinion is that they cut Manning instead of trading him for a couple of pieces.

#5,715 ·
Didn't Manning have a no trade clause?

Anyhow, I hope the Broncos make the Superbowl. Them or Baltimore. Rooting for #18 and #52 to get a chance at one more ring.

NFC - Skins obviously. Skins vs Ravens rematch would be fantastic, in an ideal world.

#5,722 ·
And Rodgers is the only QB in the NFC with a playoff win to his name.

On the AFC side, the SB representative has had either Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger for the last 9 consecutive years. If the Patriots or Broncos make it in, that will be 10. Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck, and Andy Dalton are the only hopes for a combo breaker.

#5,725 ·
I'm just waiting for this to happen (0:22)

Has something like what happened with Texans ever happened before?

Like a team led their conference for the first 16 weeks and then lost it in the last week?
Close, but IIRC in 2002 the Miami Dolphins were the #1 seed in the AFC heading into Week 16, lost their final two games and missed the playoffs. It was a baaaaaaad year overall in the NFL.

#5,727 · (Edited)
My assessment of the Bears:

-GRUDEN.

-Offensive line needs to be rebuilt. This entire year was patchwork to mask the problems. Draft a competent LT (draft is supposed to be rich in OL and DL), add one more starting piece via free agency and you're on your way to a nice start. Scott was serviceable at RT. Williams wasn't all that bad at G.

-Release Devin Hester. Due $10 million next year. Had 21 catches this year and no return TD's. Good riddance.

-Let Urlacher walk, unless he's willing to take a dramatic pay cut. Pay him based on his fair market value, not his reputation. Briggs, Tillman, and Jennings can carry this defense for a bit longer.

-Don't pay Henry Melton. Very good when he plays hard, but he disappeared for a stretch of 4-5 games this season. He's going to get paid, but don't be the ones to do it. Perhaps consider turning Peppers loose as well. Wooton and Shea stepped up a bit. I don't think Shea is an every down DE yet, but he has some good rush moves.

-Address the TE position. Kellen Davis is horrible. Stumbles on grass, can't catch, can't block... yet still played on 88% of the offensive plays this year. Anybody would have been better than Hellen Keller. Kyle Adams, Matt Spaeth and Evan Rodriguez would have contributed more if Tice and Lovie didn't blindly support Davis, despite Davis continuously showcasing inept ability all year.

-Get one more weapon at WR for Jay. Alshon Jefferey is too fat and overweight to separate from defenders without pushing off. People were making him out to be the clone of Brandon Marshall when we drafted him. Needless to say, he clearly is nowhere near that caliber of player. Chicago has something in a nucleus of Cutler, Marshall, Forte and a serviceable Bennett (if healthy). Emery should make one more splash. Go sign Wes Welker when Bellicheck doesn't resign him in New England. FUARK. Marshall, Welker, Bennett, Forte, and a halfway decent TE... awesome! Just need an offensive mind to come in and scheme something up.

Let me know what you think. Feel free to comment - especially AID, X/L/AJ, etc,.

#5,731 ·
My assessment of the Bears:

-GRUDEN.
I could not think of a more perfect fit, to be honest. He definitely won't take just any NFL job, and the Bears definitely are not just any NFL job.

-Release Devin Hester. Due $10 million next year. Had 21 catches this year and no return TD's. Good riddance.
I just read that bum might do you a favor and retire because he's "devastated" at the Smith firing. Dude was hardly a top 10 punt returner this year and his receiving stats are comparable to Pierre Thomas, the third guy in the Saints RB rotation.

-Let Urlacher walk, unless he's willing to take a dramatic pay cut. Pay him based on his fair market value, not his reputation. Briggs, Tillman, and Jennings can carry this defense for a bit longer.
Agreed.

#5,736 ·
Flex said:
-Offensive line needs to be rebuilt. This entire year was patchwork to mask the problems. Draft a competent LT (draft is supposed to be rich in OL and DL), add one more starting piece via free agency and you're on your way to a nice start. Scott was serviceable at RT. Williams wasn't all that bad at G.
The absolutely number one pressing issue. The OL was miserable, and needs a lot of new faces.
indeed.

Agree with letting Urlacher walk.
-Don't pay Henry Melton. Very good when he plays hard, but he disappeared for a stretch of 4-5 games this season. He's going to get paid, but don't be the ones to do it. Perhaps consider turning Peppers loose as well. Wooton and Shea stepped up a bit. I don't think Shea is an every down DE yet, but he has some good rush moves.
Peppers can stay. He's still a great DE, and keeps himself in great shape. 11.5 sacks this past season, without much help from the other side.

-Address the TE position. Kellen Davis is horrible. Stumbles on grass, can't catch, can't block... yet still played on 88% of the offensive plays this year. Anybody would have been better than Hellen Keller. Kyle Adams, Matt Spaeth and Evan Rodriguez would have contributed more if Tice and Lovie didn't blindly support Davis, despite Davis continuously showcasing inept ability all year.
Yep. But good luck. There just isn't much in the TE position nowadays. Such an underwhelming player pool after the top guys.

-Get one more weapon at WR for Jay. Alshon Jefferey is too fat and overweight to separate from defenders without pushing off. People were making him out to be the clone of Brandon Marshall when we drafted him. Needless to say, he clearly is nowhere near that caliber of player. Chicago has something in a nucleus of Cutler, Marshall, Forte and a serviceable Bennett (if healthy). Emery should make one more splash. Go sign Wes Welker when Bellicheck doesn't resign him in New England. FUARK. Marshall, Welker, Bennett, Forte, and a halfway decent TE... awesome! Just need an offensive mind to come in and scheme something up.
Eh. I wouldn't spend the money on Welker. Too much. Jeffery needs to hit the gym.

Hire Brian Kelly, Jon Gruden, or Mike McCoy. Bring in new OLs. Go for it this year. If they fail, time to rebuild from the ground up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.