Wrestling Forum banner

Roman Reigns debut...

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  the frenchise 
#1 ·
Wathced the latest episode of NXT last night with the (appartenly) much hyped debut of Roman Reigns. There was alot of talk on commentary from Regal and Saxon about him having the It factor and so on and so forth. He is billed at 6'3 but does look much bigger.

He is an impressive looking dude and did have a bit of an aura about him. He didn't squash his opponent which was a change for NXT's debuting guys, but the match itself was quite clunky though. His finisher is pretty cool (a belly to back into a rockbottom sort of move).

For those who have seen his debut or him, what are your thoughts? He was a bit generic, nothing like the awesomeness of a Bray Wyatt character but if he can work on his mic skills he could be moulded into a top tier wrestler in the years to come...

What are others thoughts on him?

#4 ·
Roman Reigns, AKA Leakee when he was down in FCW IMO isnt all that special...Great look and has the samoan family heritage but i dont get anything else from him. Just another generic guy that will most likely have trouble getting the crowd to invest in him.

#11 ·
he stopped attacking the arm mid match for some reason like he forgot

#13 ·
Watch again the match without commentary and you'll see nothing special. He seems to have it factor because regal and saxton said it every 11 seconds of the match. Nice finisher though, nothing fancy but looks very powerful.

I'm officialy fan of xavier woods, this guy is funny and brings energy.

How bad was bo dallas little promo! I can't believe that justin gabriel sounds like a mix of flair/rocky/foley in comparison to him.

Tyson kidd is a fucking magician in the ring, but nothing new here.

#14 ·
Watch again the match without commentary and you'll see nothing special. He seems to have it factor because regal and saxton said it every 11 seconds of the match. Nice finisher though, nothing fancy but looks very powerful.

Well that is not what wrestling is about. Roman Reigns has all the tools to be a major WWE superstar. Good Looks, Good Physique, I saw a promo he cut when he returned from injury toward the end of FCW and it was decent. The above comments about watch the match without commentary makes no sense. Commentary is a huge part of wrestling. As is crowd reaction. I remember on Rock DVD that Cena says "if you watch Hogan/Rock at Wrestlemania with the sound turned off it'll make you wanna throw up but that is not what this is about"

#15 ·
I wasn't speaking about the crowd, which was fine to be honest. i was speaking about regal and saxton sucking Roman Reigns balls for a 5 minutes match. This 5 minute match showed that this guy is amazingly green but has indeed THE wwe look. That's all.
I don't know about his promos, i have to checked them out.
You can't put commentary and crowd reaction on the same level. A match can be amazing because of a crowd (your perfect exemple), but it cannot gain or lose quality because of commentary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.