Regularly Beating Up James Ellsworth
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Re: Impact Wrestling 2010: From Russia With Love
Impact Wrestling News: Major Signing, Ratings, & More
- Impact Wrestling announced today via their website that they have signed a "major, big name talent" and that they will announce the name of this talent when they return to Madison Square Garden on March 4th. The return to Madison Square Garden is shaping up to be a pretty big event with the finals of the television championship scheduled to take place as well an announcement regarding the future of the Knockouts division.
- The rating for this week's edition of Impact Wrestling is 1.4, down a little from last week's 1.5 rating.
- There is a growing belief amongst people backstage at Impact Wrestling that the process of moving Impact Wrestling to a permanent on the road touring schedule needs to be sped up. They feel that no matter what they do as far as promoting, booking, signing new talent, etc. it will all end up being nullified by the look and feel of holding shows in the Impact Zone. They say that just like taking Hulk Hogan off T.V. to promote will hurt ratings in the short term but help in the long term, going on the road permanently will be a financial burden right now but it will all pay off in the end. Impact Wrestling have shows scheduled in the Impact Zone up until Slammiversary in June so the earliest they would be able to do this is after that.
Preview for 2/25/2010
- The New World Order have now set their sights on Jeff Hardy. After trying to call out Sting, Jeff Hardy was interrupted by Kevin Nash who challenged him to a world title match. Now this week, Scott Hall plans to call Hardy out. What does "The Bad Guy" have in store for "The Charismatic Enigma"?
- The British Invasion successfully regained the tag team championship when they defeated Beer Money. Now this week the new champions face off against The Motor City Machine Guns in non-title action.
- Angry that Alissa Flash used her feet on the ropes to win their match last week, Jacqueline has challenged her to a No DQ rematch which Alissa agreed to. Things are bound to get ugly.
- In an odd pairing, Jay Lethal and Eric Young have teamed up to form a new tag team which they plan to debut this week. Stay tuned!
- With Victory Road rapidly approaching, interim general manager Jeff Jarrett will begin announcing the first of five King of the Mountain qualifying matches this week. The winners of these five matches will then go on to Bound for Glory and the King of the Mountain match to determine who will then receive a world title shot at Slammiversary.
- In response to D'Angelo Dinero's actions towards his wife Kristal, Bobby Lashley has promised to "hunt down" the Pope and make him pay.
- Also scheduled...The final 2nd round match of the Television Championship tournament between Desmond Wolfe and Kurt Angle where the winner goes on to face Raven next week at Madison Square Garden.
- All this and more, Thursday February 25th live from the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida only on FX!