Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#5,499 ·
Chiefs would be out of their minds to draft Geno Smith with the #1 pick. I think we've already seen how Geno performs in cold weather.As we've seen with Andy Dalton and Russell Wilson you can draft a QB in the later rounds and have him start right away. KC is better taking the best player available and taking a QB in middle rounds. Just bring in a vet to challenge for the starting job.

Kirk Cousins is going to cost a lot because Washington would rather keep him as insurance but I think he can be had at the right price.

#5,502 ·
Aint much in QBs in the draft. Smith, Barkley and Mike Glennon are the best. Glennon is interesting though. He could be a decent starter. Tyler Bray from UT is the guy I want if we don't get Smith. I like that guy. I think we will end up trading down and getting the best defensive player then getting a QB later.

Cousins is my first choice though by far.

#5,501 ·
my god stax, just stop. I already proved you wrong by showing you the number of targets it took Calvin to break the record. It wasn't much more than Jerry Rice, it was 10 or 11, not a lot, and that's with a lot less weapons around him so he was clearly the guy every defense knew was going to be thrown to.

#5,505 ·
If you want to use that argument I can also say that defensive schemes are also designed today stop passing rather than trying to stop the run the majority of the time like it was back then. Having a great QB/WR back then was rare so more teams were more unprepared for it unlike today when teams are prepared for it. Defensive backs on average are also better as they've had to get better with teams getting better against the pass.

#5,510 ·
That UDFKness will ware off once he comes around. Gotta do it right when that happens.

BACK ON TOPIC, today is probably the most interesting week 17 in years even though the whole AFC is locked up. Just so many possible seeding changes, it's going to be fun as hell.

#5,520 ·
Well ESPN seems to think the ravens cannot move up on their list of scenarios.

NFC 6 seed list:
Vikings with win,
Bears with win Vikings loss,
Redskins with loss and all above loss
Giants with win and Vikings and Bear loss, Redskins win
Vikings with loss, Bears and Giants loss, Redskins win

Cowboys can only get in as NFC East champ by beating the Skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.