Status
Not open for further replies.

MLB: ONE WEEK!

126K views 4K replies 126 participants last post by  DesolationRow 
#1 ·
The Cubs are so awful.

Discuss.

#3,451 ·
There's nothing condescending about it. If you truly are brainwashed enough to think that your bullpen runs four-seven deep, then we just don't agree and I'd rather not touch on that. It is almost irreconcilable views. You keep saying "LOL FLEX" or my favorite, "flexypoo give it up". Are we trying to have a discussion here or are you going to continue being an abrasive prick? If you want to discuss things, we can. Otherwise, I don't particularly appreciate your arrogant tone, sarcastic responses, and belittling comments. I would rather disengage from discussion with you then.

Janssen doesn't have closer stuff or any "A" pitches. Darren Oliver - can he even do the job of matching up against lefties proficiently anymore? Honest to God, there is no reason to believe that an assortment of Janssen, Santos, and Oliver can lead a bullpen to being a playoff caliber bullpen.

You can't assume a guy will be better because he reached an all-time low. That is illogical. I don't care what your excuse is to cover up for Romero, but Romero does not look good. It was bone spurs last year, now it is he's working on a sinker. What will it be in May? When can we accept that Romero isn't the ace that the organization thought he would be? All in all, the pitching is average, unless Morrow and Johnson go Cy Young on us all.

#3,450 ·
Age is a big concern, he's only had one stand out year. Facing.more al hitters won't help is cause. The guy is 38 I expect his innings to go down. Now he may get some nice run support that'll lead to some wins, but that's more luck.

Also, in a lot of rankings this year he's the 8th best pitcher? Absolutely not. Id take at least 15 pitchers instead of him.

Verlander
Kershaw
Strasburg
Price
Cain
Hammels
Gio Gonzalez
King felix
Jered weaver
Bumgardaner
Grienke
Chris sale
Scherzer
Cliff lee
James Shields

Hell, I could probably name more. My point is Dickey will be nothing like he was in 2012 . I could see this:

12-13, 4.75 era, 190 ip, 180 k

#3,452 ·
2 of Dickey's best starters last year were against the AL East. Dickey against TB last year, CG 1 hitter, against Baltamore, CG SO.

2011 didn't lose any of his 4 starts against the AL (2 against Yankees, 1 against Detroit, 1 against Oakland).

#3,455 ·
6 teams? What kind of math are you doing, JM?

Only five teams make the playoffs. 5 teams. And in actuality, not even 5 teams. 3 teams. 1 from the AL East; 2 Wild Cards. I think it is distinctly possible for 3 teams from the AL to be better than Toronto.

#3,456 ·
I meant 5 but ya they got 3 spots. Even if I concede the division to Tampa they are probably in the hunt against Oakland/LA, Chisox and Texas for 2 spots and they should have a very good shot there.

To get in Toronto will need to be in 1st or second in the division. Which is extremely possible. You picked two teams in complete disarray to finish ahead of them in their own division. I just don't see that as likely. You're kinda the only one that does too.

And Flex if you want to put so much emphasis on spring training then lets consider Josh Johnson retiring all 11 batters he faced today.

And if you want to consider Dickey moving to the AL consider that he hasn't lost a start against an AL opponent in 12 or 13 starts, dating back to 2008.

#3,457 ·
I'm not putting an emphasis on spring training, I'm accentuating the year and three to six months track record that Ricky Romero has, up to and including this spring. Not necessarily an emphasis, per say.

Boston was in disarray last year and only someone who was blind would say they weren't. I'm not about to do that. I will say that I think there has been an infusion of new talent and a possible culture change that can turn their fortunes around. Farrell, Gomes and Dempster are all good clubhouse guys. Bobby V wont be criticizing Pedroia's teammates, there wont be a rift between players and coaches, etc,. I have reasons to be optimistic. They were in disarray last year. I'll admit that. The Yankees aren't in disarray. The great equalizer is a great pitching staff, which they have (including the pen).

We will see how it plays out. I respect your opinion and you have every right to think that. My expectations are a little tempered for the Jays.

#3,460 ·
Masahiro Tanaka is probably on track to a huge payday in MLB very, very soon. See you in a Dodgers or Angels uniform before too long, Masahiro.

#3,464 ·
Dickey was definitely not especially sharp.

Don't worry, Team USA. Vogelsong's got this.

#3,466 ·
Poor Ryan Vogelsong's hands are tied because of the WBC rules. The fate of the US rests on Team Canada beating Mexico tomorrow. The starter for Canada? Shawn Hill, who had a 3.68 ERA last year… in A+ ball.

It’s over.

The only way in for the US is to blow Italy out with about 20+ runs or something.

#3,467 ·
TKOK: Yes, the Yankees signed Kevin Youkilis in order to give them a third baseman while A-Rod is out.

Just posting this because I have to laugh at Bobby Valentine:

“I thought I did a hell of a job in Boston,” Valentine said. “I thought what had to be done there was done except for winning a pennant. But Connie Mack wasn't going to win with that team.”

:lmao

This fucking guy is sick and needs help.

#3,472 ·
Things getting seriously chippy between Canada and Mexico.

And people get on America about violence.

Mexicans upset with Canada trying to score more runs in a blowout.

But, uh, guys, the WBC factors in run differential. It's kind of different from your typical baseball game.

Meh, this whole WBC thing is kind of lame, isn't it?

#3,476 ·
My twitter is blowing up right now:

Some quotes, and please note this is not my stance although I couldn't help laughing...

Hey @BarackObama time to ramp up the deportations after that circus #WBC
Can only imagine what @blawrie13 would have done to these dirty dirty Mexicans @basebrawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.