Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Your 5 Star Match Lists

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #1296 (permalink)
mk92071
Learning to break kayfabe

mk92071 mk92071 mk92071 mk92071
Default Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Gave my first ***** match after rating matches for about a year. Gave it to Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 26. I loved the whole build up to it, and it showed how important the match up was to both men, and that justified the finisher heavy match. I loved how Undertaker had to utilize the jumping tombstone piledriver to finally but Shawn down in the end after the whole match. The work on Taker's knee and selling of it was great throughout the match and it made many spots logical, although the work didn't directly impact the finish I was very pleased with this. I felt like everything had a meaning and the match was just a spectacle. I've probably watched this 5 times now. I saw it live and didn't like it much, just thought of it as a finisher heavy match. On my first rewatch I didn't like it but on the second I thought it was good. After that I watched it again and thought it was a near classic, and now I feel it deserves a special place as my only ***** match.
mk92071 is offline   Reply With Quote