Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - First, last and best gigs attended?

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
NoGimmicksNeeded
Searching for a new identity

NoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a pushNoGimmicksNeeded is getting a push
Default Re: First, last and best gigs attended?

First: Less Than Jake in 2002 or something? I'd been to a few local gigs, this is the first big sized one I can remember. They were actually brilliant. Bit less so the 2nd time I saw them.

Last: Vales, Cassus, IDWTKWTCBS on Wednesday. Vales are local dudes and friends, just signed to 6131 Records (who released the first Touche Amore LP), EP has just got an American release, and they're going to the States to tour & record an album. Don't be shocked if Topshelf or Deathwish picks them up at some point. Cassus are fucking awesome if you like Orchid.

Best: there are way way too many to think of one definite. The Jesus Lizard were beyond incredible, Shellac were amazing, Slint performing Spiderland was otherworldly, Negative Approach were one of the fiercest live bands I've ever seen, Fucked Up have been awesome at times live (mostly around the first album tours).. it's a tough one. I'll keep adding to this.

Marty Vibe - also went to Unsane/Big Business, but in Plymouth. Amazing gig. Coady from Big Business may be the best drummer I've seen live, and I've seen a lot of great ones. The bass and drums in that band are huge on record but live it was a different beast.
NoGimmicksNeeded is offline   Reply With Quote