Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#5,472 ·
for a coach to not play a guy because he's afraid of said player actually winning games to keep the spot is about the biggest joke of a thing I've ever heard/seen. that is the only reason Rex didn't play Tebow. Tebow probably is an awful practice player and he probably does have troubles improving his throwing motion even though Jets probably did try to help him, but for them to not at least give him a shot because he might do well is fucking ridiculous.

#5,473 ·
Yeah I do agree there I suppose. I actually am starting to feel sorry for Tebow which is shocking to me considering the pure hatred I had for him. I hated the player Tebow, not the man. Always had the utmost respect for the man Tim Tebow and now, I am starting to gain more respect for Tebow the player. You can't deny that he finds a way to win games and the Jets are out of the race at this point anyway so you might as well play the guy. Why go back to the guy who lost you all the games in the first place? I swear Sanchez and Rex are butt buddies, with all the chances Sanchez has. Getting ridiculous.

But Rex is really in a bad spot. All the QB's on the team are terrible. I'm not sure the blame can go on him for that. He made the Jets good for a couple of years but you can only do so much with a shit QB. Eventually, his bad play will bite you in the ass and it did this year. And I just don't think that is Rex's fault. He was choosing from the best of three of the worst QB's in the League skill wise. At this point though, might as well TRY Tebow. Yeah, he might not be as good as Sanchez, which I think he is, but seriously, give the dude a chance now that the season is done. Tebow has been a class act and done everything you asked all season long.

#5,474 ·
I'm very interested to see how the AFC playoff seeding turns out with the games on Sunday. Right now these are the possibilities.

Texans - They can be the 1st seed if they beat the Colts; they can be the 2nd seed if they lose, the Broncos win and the Patriots lose or if they lose and the Broncos lose and the Patriots win. They can be the 3rd seed if they lose and the Patriots and Broncos both win.

Broncos - They can be the 1st seed if they win and the Texans lose; they can be the 2nd seed if they win and the Texans win or if they both win and the Patriots lose; they can be the 3rd seed if they lose and the Patriots & Texans both win.

Patriots - They can be the 1st seed if they win and the Broncos & Texans both lose; they can be the 2nd seed if they win and one of the Broncos or Texans lose; they can be the 3rd seed if they win as well as the Broncos & Texans win; they can be the 4th seed if they lose and the Ravens win.

Ravens - They can be the 3rd seed if they win and the Patriots lose...yeah, that's pretty much their only scenario.

Shall be interesting to see what happens.

#5,475 ·
Texans need the Home Field the most. I don't think they will reach the Super Bowl though, no matter where they are seeded. They MIGHT reach he AFC Championship but I think the AFC will come down to the Patriots and Broncos. Texans are more balanced but can Schaub play in the clutch? That's my only concern offensively. Defensively..they aint gonna win games if they keep giving up huge chunks of yards every play.

#5,477 ·
I want to see Patriots vs Broncos in the AFC Championship. Seeing the Colts kick Houston's ass Sunday would help this a lot. I think a lot of people would love to see a Peyton vs Tom matchup once again, unless you're a fan of one of the other 4 AFC teams. Baltimore vs New England would also be a good game.

As a Redskins fan, I'm already thinking that if we win the division, we'll have to play Seattle in 1st round. Ugh, I hope San Fran loses to Arizona. If Seattle gets home field in a couple years, look out. As long as we deny Dallas a division title on Prime Time with the country watching, this season is a total success. Hope the Vikings get into the playoffs, AP deserves it. If they did, they'd be playing the Packers for a 2nd straight week :rodgers

#5,482 ·
Schaub has this tendency of forcing the ball to Dre and OD. He needs to trust our young receivers. DeVier Posey for example, was WIDE ASS OPEN a few times the last game but Schaub decided to check it down. He is playing scared. I want the Schaub that played in the Denver game to come back. That Schaub take us places.

#5,485 ·
I'll be rooting for Green Bay this weekend. Makes me sick. I want a Chicago post season run. I thought it was inevitable at the halfway point when they were 7-1.

#5,493 ·
Chiefs are fucked if they want a QB through the draft. Geno looked bad yesterday, albeit in bad weather conditions but still he isn't worth the #1 overall pick. We are going to look in FA or possibly trade for a younger QB like Cousins, Mallett, etc. Or we could trade down in the draft which I think would be smart but I want a top defender. Dee Milliner would be a good pick for us. We need a guy opposite Flowers. Either Milliner or a pass rushing DE. Jackson and Dorsey just aren't getting it done.

So overall, Chiefs are fucked if they want to draft a QB #1 overall because none are worthy of it. I will be disappointed if they do go that route because if this were normal conditions for a draft and no one needed a QB as bad as we did...Geno would be going late first, early second. Not #1 overall. I say we get a QB in a trade then trade down in the draft and stock up on some picks. Will be better for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.