Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
11rob2k
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

11rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 100011rob2k 501 - 1000
Default Re: Classic Wrestling General Discussion & Review Thread

Glad to see this open again, It will give me a reason to start watching some more old stuff again, not really been watching to much of it the last month or so.

Love a bit of Terry funk, I wouldn't be against anyone calling him the greatest north American wrestler ever. The way he was able to move with the times to keep up with the trends going on in wrestling was really something to be seen. He went from a very good match based wrestler in the 70's and 80's having classic matches with Briscos, Harley Race, Ric Flair to name just some, Before moving onto a more hardcore based style when aged stated catching up with him and he knew he could no long work that way anymore, He was able to keep himself relevant in the wrestling world over a long time frame where as most of the guys from his age are now forgotten by most people.

My favourite match of his as to be the I quit match with Ric Flair it's story telling at it's finest, you can tell that they hated each other with out them having to use over the top spots and chair shoots to the head to show you that. That something i love about the likes of Terry Funk and Ric Flair they could get themselves over without having to do those things, they could use their in ring work to tell you a story, they didn't need over the top spots to get themselves over like many people today and more so in the 90's needed to do, Wrestler today are lacking that ability.