Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #8238 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
The Evil Santadow
Ho!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Never really brought into Shelton tbh. The first win was a roll-up, and then he head a win or 2 by count out/DQ, and then they didn't face after that for a long while. No doubt he gave Shelton a rub though and some attention, but Benjamin was never going anywhere with just one 1-2-3 school boy win over HHH. The first match between them was an excellent TV match, and I have it at ***3/4. TBH though, I was more excited with him after the HBK gold rush match. That's the point where I saw him becoming something great in the future.

Of course, Benjamin was probably never going to be a star anyway. He lacked personality, mic skills, and a lot of the general requirements for being "The Next Big Thing" or even a top guy. It's almost like God just said "Fuck this, just make this guy an amazing wrestler and forget about all his other qualities". I could've seen him getting a small stint as WHC years down the line at best imo and then being pushed back down the card, similar to Miz.

I'm watching you...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome