Wrestling Forum banner

What are the best indy wrestling promotions in Canada

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
What are some well known respected ones? I'm considering training as a wrestler, not that I want to make it a living, it's just something I've wanted for 8 years.

#5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I've never heard of C4 and checked out their website, they seem pretty reputable. I couldn't find anything about a wrestling school though on their website. Thanks for the suggestion of UWA, I'm looking for a promotion that's a bit less hardcore and more just wrestling and having fun, but I'll check them out anyway. Anyways if you guys have more suggests that would be really helpful, I'm trying to consider from all over the provinces.

#6 ·
As far as training, One would have to recommend the Storm Wrestling Academy. As far as promotions, I have no idea. I don't really follow Canadian indys, but they've really dried up it seems. But for what it's worth, UWA isn't all hardcore wrestling. They've had a lot of non-hardcore guys in during their original run. They used Ultimo Dragon, MCMG, Okada, Jerry Lynn, Matt Cross, The Original BLK OUT, Josh Prohibition, Puma, Sonjay Dutt and quite a few others. I think they may have even used Liger once or twice.

#7 ·
PWA Wrestling from Alberta and ECCW based in Vancouver are the biggest two in my opinion. Prairie Wrestling Alliance has an affiliation with Lance Storm and had some of his students start out there in the PWA. Many TNA stars have actually passed through the territory, some making returns there. Harry Smith, TJ Wilson, and Booker T of all people have held the heavyweight championship in the past. Some great wrestling out of the PWA.

ECCW runs a lot, and is very exciting. In fact one of the best indy matches i've seen was Scotty Mac vs Juggernaut. Was such a good match. At least out West, i'd say those are the big two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.