Wrestling Forum banner

Worst crowd in wrestling history?

7K views 41 replies 37 participants last post by  markdeez33 
#1 · (Edited)
After that monstrosity of a crowd at Hell in a Cell, it got me wondering, has there been crowds that have been worse than that? We all know the best crowds (NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, Montreal, London) but what are the worst?

#32 ·
Sorry, gotta disagree with the Washington DC votes. It's getting votes because Capitol Punishment was bad, but in the past year, San Jose, Omaha and Richmond have all been worse. Omaha the camera panned past people sleeping in their seats. That's pretty fucking pathetic.

#36 ·
I remember thinking Toronto was a shitty crowd for about a year. Summerslam 2004 was the absolute worst crowd I have ever seen in my life. You want to talk about a crowd that just ruined a show? Well there you go. They spent the whole night booing the babyfaces and shitting on stuff. The announcers called it Bizarro World, and that was pretty appropriate.

They acted the same way on an episode of Raw a few months later. After that though, Toronto reverted back to being just the excited and energetic fans they always were. I don't know what happened there in 2004.

#37 ·
After that monstrosity of a crowd at Hell in a Cell, it got me wondering, has there been crowds that have been worse than that? We all know the best crowds (NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, Montreal, London) but what are the worst?
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Change that city with Houston, Texas. The last time we had Taker vs Jeff in London, the crowds were cheering for Meth Hardy & booing Taker, how the hell is it a great crowd? How laughable!

#38 ·
Not to mention back in 2007 the WM rematch between Cena and HBK on Raw. The crowd was shit. I would have expected more chants and cheers, but these guys were just dead. Yes, it was on Raw, but come on.

#40 ·
North Carolina (my home state) hasn't been great, HOWEVER, Over the Limit was in Raleigh this year and that crowd just surprised everyone on here, including me. I remember everyone on the OTL discussion thread giving props to Raleigh. They did have that great Punk/Bryan match, however the main event (Cena/Johnny Ace) just flopped, though maybe not for the kiddies.

#41 ·
As a communication studies major, it's everyone's fault.

WWE Creative- It's their job to keep people entertained in the first place. It's too bad I haven't seen their efforts in recent times. Given the company's huge capital in spending boundless creative output, I'm very disappointed. Just like what the IWC has to say: vince should fire them now!

Wrestlers- The belief that it's not the wrestlers' fault because their just following orders is pretty ridiculous. Based from what I'm seeing, they're doing a great job. The problem is that they seem to lack the passion and motivation (not money) in working for the WWE. Look at Del Rio, he should have resigned by now. They need to show they care and push their own creative boundaries. In the end, they'll win the fans' hearts once everyone knows, 'hey, this guy is for real. He deserves a cheer!'

Fans- Just like watching a broadway show. Everyone needs to behave. That means not just staying silent in appropriate times but also not being awkward as fuck. I guess it's also rooted to today's Internet culture where everyone is introverted and awkward. These crowds need to realize that they are also attractions in the show because they are part of the show! Of course though, they shall NEVER interfere a match.

#42 ·
I was at Hell in a Cell, it was pretty quiet at times, so quiet I would yell out random things during matches and people would turn around and look at me like I was completely out of place. But the majority of my section was pretty amped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.