Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #8213 (permalink)
Evan Stays TRIPPY
Still the GOAT

Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000Evan Stays TRIPPY 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

OH, EDDIE-LESNAR ? JIZZ.

One of my favorite matches ever and looking back on it now, one of (if not THE) most inspirational/emotional match in WRESTLING history. For Eddie to overcome the demons and become the ultimate underdog champion (Rey winning was more for Eddie than himself so I don't really consider that TOO emotional or inspirational), it was amazing to see one of the greatest wrestlers ever and such a nice guy finally get his due. On Eddie's doc, the scene with him and Vince, as well as him calling Vickie after the match is absolutely BREATHTAKING, as you can feel the weight being lifted off the man's shoulders. I have it at **** 3/4 , Lesnar's best match ever (can't decide between this and ER vs Cena) along with being Eddie's second best match ever.

It's a shame that perhaps the greatest Wrestlemania moment ever will never be acknowledged again by WWE. I mean, can you picture a better ending to WRESTLING in general? Like let's just say hypothetically, Wrestlemania XX was the last wrestling PPV EVER (I know that would never happen, but just bear with me) , can you think of a better moment that better encapsulates WHY we watch this shit than that one ? Through all the bullshit that we've been fed over the years, it was like the ultimate reward to see these two motherfuckers who gave their LIVES to the business (In Benoit's case anyways) , who also double as the best in the world for years upon years finally get what they deserved. If the WWE folded after that night, I can't think of a more satisfactory ending....

"He's not the biggest. He was never the strongest. He was never the fastest. He was overlooked. He went in the sixth round. So with that being said, all of the intangibles that a quarterback is supposed to have, they overlooked it with him because it was burning from inside of him" - Ray Lewis on Tom Brady

Last edited by Evan Stays TRIPPY : 10-31-2012 at 09:31 PM.