Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - How can WWE recreate and reinvent itself so as to create the next biggest boom?

View Single Post

Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #65 (permalink)
JobbyJobberson
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

JobbyJobberson JobbyJobberson JobbyJobberson JobbyJobberson JobbyJobberson JobbyJobberson
Default Re: How can WWE recreate and reinvent itself so as to create the next biggest boom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss P View Post
If history is any indication, the wrestling industry experiences boom periods when it takes the common cultural perception of it, and then go the opposite direction. The world thinks wrestling is stupid...well, make it intelligent.
One of the smartest, most on point things I've read on this forum. You're right. Competent, logical story-telling would be a start. Actually if I'm being honest, competent anything would be a start.

You want to know what one my biggest pet peeves is currently? It's that practically every character in the modern day WWE conducts themselves like a child. Sometimes you forget that you're supposed to watching adults. There's nothing cool, charismatic, or even "hateful" about the Primetime Players. They're children. Same with Dolph Ziggler. Same with Team Hell No. Same with R Truth. Same with Zach Ryder. Same with Alberto Del Rio. Same with Sheamus. They're all a bunch of children trapped in grown men's bodies. Chris Jericho's last heel run was embarrassing to watch. It was like watching an annoying five year old in kindergarten. It was a far, far cry from his heel run in WCW which was the perfect blend of wit and arrogance.

You can cater to children without acting like children.
JobbyJobberson is offline   Reply With Quote