Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Movie Discussion Part II (part III coming soon)
View Single Post
post #680 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
StoneColdJedi™
Now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: General Movie Discussion Part II

I'm baaaaaacck!! Here's me catching up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segunda Caida View Post
Just got done watching Halloween (1978) by John Carpenter.

Holy christ it was utterly spectacular. I mean one of those films where you hear nothing but eternal praise and go into it expecting something magnificent but still being shocked by just how good it is. The score and pacing to create such piercing tension was just inspiring, and its a tragedy more horror films today are solely focused on the gore aspect rather than the shock and psychological undertones which drive pure horror. What I especially loved was the smart use of alternate camera angles to really capture Michael's every shifting presence and its ability to force you to expect him to be hiding anywhere in a particular scene ready to strike at any moment.
One of the creepiest film themes ever. Halloween II wasn't bad. H20 is great, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
I watched Raising Arizona tonight, the Coen's comedy with Nic Cage and it was fantastic. Coen's are always great, but this might be top 5 for them I think. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cage on form is one of the most outstanding and fun actors to watch, and he's brilliant in this. I found the end to be surprisingly moving. NIC FUCKING CAGE! Loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Raising Arizona was pretty awesome. Been quite a while since i've watched it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubz View Post
Coen Brothers rule. Just gonna' put it out there that Blood Simple is probably their best film after No Country.
As a Coen fan, I admit I do not like Raising Arizona. Lebowski is their most sublimely perfect comedy IMO. No Country is their greatest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
I hated Mila Kunis in that movie too. Really wanted her to get raped/killed/abducted by aliens. Her walking out into the wasteland by herself at the end was hilariously bad.
I would've hit it and deserted it.

Quote:
Speaking of Oldman, who I preface this by saying I think he's a true master like most folks do, but what was so great about Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? This movie is fucking boring. Clue me in people that liked this movie. It might be one of those "need to watch more than once" because it is kinda hard to follow, but I didn't give a shit about any of these characters. They all seemed the same to me. Maybe that's the point, but it made for a difficult viewing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
People talking shit about Tinker Tailor? That movie had Benedict Cumberbatch in it. STFU everyone.

Quote:
Cast was impressive. Movie was boring.
It's an old school spy story styled in those pre-007. Oldman was great, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
I watched Shame and Moonrise Kingdom today.
Shame was A LOT more explicit than I was expecting, the UK certificate rating is a lot different to the US so films that are rated R and NC17 in the US fall under the "18" bracket here. Fassbender was brilliant, as he always is. Carey Mulligan was great aswell, she also got nude in it which I wasn't expecting.
Fassbender was woefully ignored Oscar time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
Then you haven't seen

My favourite scene of the film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailsabin View Post
BloodRanye, lmao. You know a movie is total crap when its best scenes are the light sapphic ones & where she got nailed by that guy in the cell. (or where ever it was)
I've met Kristanna in person a few times. Complete gorgeous and sexy and sweet. I'd nail her in any cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Micheal Douglas as Liberace? WTF?
I heard Matt Damon was playing him for an HBO project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Anna Kendrick, anybody?

She's one of those weird hot/cute actresses for me. For example, I didn't find Anna Kendrick hot or cute in any of the Twilight movies nor did I find her really attractive in Up In The Air. But I just re-watched 50/50 and thought she looked so damn cute, just beautiful in that movie unlike the other movies.

Same deal for Natalie Portman. Didn't find her hot or really attractive in V For Vendetta or any of the Star Wars movies which is probably obvious because of the ridiculous make-up and hair she had most of the time, even the times when she looked somewhat normal, I just thought meh. But I thought she was super sexy in Hesher, maybe it was the nerdy glasses or that she came off as a slut.

I'm weird.
Quote:
Natalie Porman is always amazing.

BLACK SWAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOK! View Post
I've may or may not have replayed that lesbian sex scene over and over in my mind.

Kendrick was hottest in Up in the Air, but I have a thing for babes in business attire.

Portman always fantastic. Talented and beautiful. And I'd take the masturbation scene over the lesbian scene, to be honest.

Quote:
There are no pedos on here, Myers. Lets be real.

Chloe Grace Moretz. There's an actress that would get it.
She'll be what Emma Watson is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Win View Post
Skyfall was brilliant, ending was so sad though
Saw Monday. No embargo. It's great. Solace may have suffered from too many problems (writers strike, high bar set by Royale, etc.), but Skyfall is definitely better. Plus, one of the best looking Bond films ever. That's because Roger f'n Deakins filmed it.

May the odds be ever in your favor...

Because I call first dibs on this.

REP is great, but bumping keeps threads alive!
SCJ™ GIF Usage Policy

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome