Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #1301 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 01:07 AM
PunkSE316
Humbled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
But not everyone can relate to J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Nas, 2pac, Wu-Tang, etc. It's not about relating to the most people or rappers would talk about taxes, dickhead bosses, car payments, etc. 2pac's my favorite rapper of all time, but I can't relate to a lot of the shit he raps about. Same with L. Not sure how many people can relate to snuffing Jesus.

Above all, rap is entertainment. Some call it art. Some call it poetry. I'd agree at times, but in the grand scheme of things it's entertainment and like it or not Wayne, 2 Chainz, Nicki, Ross, and the like are great entertainers. That's why people latch on...also because they're retarded but hey.
Every artist has two sides. The artist diving in to the real life and then the artist making up stories of fiction. Every artist has done it.

Tupac has Keep Ya Head Up, Changes, Me Against The World etc. but then you have Toss it Up, Hail Mary, Temptations etc. Lil Wayne is a gimmick rapper with the same act over and over again. Like I previously said, Lil Wayne, Minaj etc. They are the Motley Crue and Poison of Hip Hop. In terms of it being more about the image and less about the music.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome